• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya CC-01 Owners Club: Photos and Discussions

PraetoR

My Landfreeder:

">http://gallery_31817_3497_179287.jpg

">http://gallery_31817_3497_1532245.jpg

">http://gallery_31817_3497_1260585.jpg

Mods:

HPI 55T crawler motor

Trimmed steering arms for more steering lock

Home-made spacers above the rear shocks to raise the ride height

96mm tyres from Ebay (only in last pic)

Metal bushings on shock shafts to limit compression so the bigger tyres don't catch on the body

Build thread here if anyone's interested:

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/193115-cc-01-landfreeder-build/

Edited by Luke B
  • Like 2

Discovered yesterday that mine has a true forum past, having been bought new as an XB (no longer produced) from MS by Mr 53HRA, and still has accessories present that he added! All Vin numbers check out, so no cutting and shutting done....

Small world ;)

• Like 2

Discovered yesterday that mine has a true forum past, having been bought new as an XB (no longer produced) from MS by Mr 53HRA, and still has accessories present that he added! All Vin numbers check out, so no cutting and shutting done....

Small world ;)

Indeed sir,it was sold HPI clear with 3 months warranty and i also supplied 6 months tax on it :P:lol: 

Ps: Glad it's past down to a careful owner and on the forum.Win! :D

• Like 2

Do not use threadlock on anything plastic, it can cause it to go brittle. Do use it on the diff screws as they will work loose though.

Also spray greases are a no no (the solvent in them will wreck the plastics too.

Lock the front diff, get a set of bearings from Colin at RCBearings.co.uk and the GPM steering set as the stock plastic set up is a bit sloppy.

Also you'll need to find some longer screws for the steering kit because the standard ones are too short and i recommend you get aloy push rods for the rear because it makes such a huge difference and looks a lot better.(look at the pictures of my cc01 on page 1) By the way welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Ben.

Edited by GilbertRC1

• 3 weeks later...

Done a bit more to my Mog this morning, nothing too extreme, but still something.

I fitted some orange LED's to the rear and it makes the car look a lot better, also i started planning the design for my camper section, and went browsing for some accessories.

But i can't decide if i should mount a light bar on the bonnet or the roof?

Ben. 

• 2 weeks later...

So here is my very first kit built Land Cruiser. Was very happy with the build, went together with no problems and was good fun to do. I have a few upgrades already bought and will be installed soon. This was the first time I painted a lexan shell. Had a few seepages through the window masks and somehow a few specs of blue got through the roofing mask. But for a first attempt I am quite happy with it.

How do I make this picture bigger?

Edited by flashdaniels

hi all you fellow cc01 owners got a jajero completely standerd not even painted so no point putting pics up yet got all the upgrade parts on ther way just wondering is ther a snorkel for it im sure i have seen one befor anyone know there i can get one thanks james :thumbsup:

So here is my very first kit built Land Cruiser. Was very happy with the build, went together with no problems and was good fun to do. I have a few upgrades already bought and will be installed soon. This was the first time I painted a lexan shell. Had a few seepages through the window masks and somehow a few specs of blue got through the roofing mask. But for a first attempt I am quite happy with it.

How do I make this picture bigger?

looks nice that :thumbsup:

hi i know this has been asked many times before but i'm ordering some parts for my pajero this is the list so far GPM alloy steering assembly GPM rear damper mount set GPM front lower suspension arms GPM front and rear damper mounts GPM rear adjustable suspension links GPM steel front universal swing shaft GPM front knuckles should i get the alloy c hubs as well or are the stock ones ok i think thats all of it if i left any out let me know thanks  james

I've not bothered with the front shafts as I've not had any problems with the stock ones but if you want to change them why not. Front hubs and knuckles are not really needed. Rather break a cheap plastic part rather than cause other damage.

Don't forget the front upper arms. Get the adjustable ones.

John

just put them on the list lol :thumbsup:

So I just installed the gpm steering kit on my truck and if im honest I can't see any improvement in the steering. I can't really see any difference to the stock set up. Am I missing something? do I need to get new steering linkages also? Is there anything I can do to improve the turning circle?

Tamiya have announced they are releasing some front universals /swing shafts for the CC01 - the announcement so recent that they don't have a part number yet. I'm more excited to find out whether they will fit my TA03 (same shaft length) but that's for another thread!

I'm not impressed with my GPM 4-link setup, it binds and severely limits suspension travel. I think it requires modification of the chassis tub to work correctly? I'm using it with the adjustable rear suspension mounts too (which you can't make use of the lower 2 mounts because they bind on the shock retainer - grrr!). Anyone else have this trouble?

I'll get some pics of my CC01s up tomorrow.

The GPM four link shouldn't be binding. Just a thought have you fastened the lower links to the bottom of the axle bracket or the top? They should be on the bottom.

Are your shock brackets the new version or the original. The new ones have two columns (rows) of holes in the back of them and are slightly shallower. I have a set of Ansmann shocks and they will fasten on the lowest rear hole and the spring cup just clears the top of the bracket.

John

No this is the older style, 4 mounting holes only.

I've found where it's binding, it's on the chassis mounting points for the upper links if you were using the long-wheelbase configuration. It could be easily resolved with a bit of cutting with no effect on the strength of the chassis.

However, since then I have ordered the Junfac setup because I sold something on eBay and used the proceeds!

OK, OK one close-up pic of the Tamiya stroke extension. Does add useful bit of droop although suspension won't allow it to droop all the way. Useful with the Mog as it gives more articulation without the tyres hitting the body. The tyres are 103mm dia. The link will droop all the way if you grab the wheel and pull it down.

John

TamiyaDroop_zpsce921495.jpg

Edited by johninderby