• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Discount at modelsport

Stu iles

Do we get any discount from modelsport from being a member on here?

Are there any codes available for discount?

Well you think something would be offered...

They are pretty good but some things are a lot more expensive

One part is

Just looking around to buy some part and Modelsport does sell a stupidly wide range of products and the website is so easy to use. It would be nice if gold member got a discount but I don't think it will happen due to the fact that they did it once before and stopped for a reason.

It can't hurt to ask for a discount!

next time you go food shopping when its all gone through the checkout, ask them for a discount and see what they say.......

modelsport`s reputation is far beyond a few members, its worldwide and if you choose to shop around then im fairly sure they won`t go bust.....

personally i would rather pay the extra for a item if they have it because it keep money in the uk and the service and support is second to none.

i do use other shops too but only for items that modelsport dont do or no longer general stock......

the one thing that does ring true is, can`t please everybody all the time.....  :thumbsup:

Why would I ask for discount after I have gone through checkout, your going off on a tangent there pal

Yes they have good reputation and yes I would much prefer to support a uk business than one in the states

I am not dissatisfied with modelsport, I have bought stuff there and had a good service

But why would you pay

• Like 1

Profit margins aren't what they used to be in most hobby businesses. The discounts are just getting too expensive for most retailers nowadays.

I think most people wouldn't believe how tiny the profit margins are on kits for example which explains why the prices don't vary very much between retailers.There are some retailers that don't actually stock much of anything, but just order in the items after they get an order. Hence why the proper bricks and motor retailers that actually carry the stock aren't usually the cheapest.

And before you ask, yes I used to be involved in the hobby business but got out of it a few years ago as I got fed up of working all those hours for increasingly diminishing returns.

John

Why would I ask for discount after I have gone through checkout, your going off on a tangent there pal

Yes they have good reputation and yes I would much prefer to support a uk business than one in the states

I am not dissatisfied with modelsport, I have bought stuff there and had a good service

But why would you pay

• Like 1

This has gone completely off the scale...

One of my best mates call me pal, I did not say it to be offensive. It is what we call each other

I was not moaning, simply asking a question

The whole point of a forum is to ask questions and have discussions

I am not here to cause any conflicts or have arguments with people

You have obviously taken this the wrong way

I apologise if anyone on here feels that I have said the wrong things, no harm was meant. I have nothing bad to say about modelsport or anything or anyone on here

• Like 1

Stu, accepting that 'pal' is used amongst friends, it doesn't translate well in typed, forum terms....(also, it is a personal bug bear, based on personal experience of how the term has been applied.) Likewise, use of the term 'chill pill'...however, I won't digress further with a detailed and grammatical correction of why it is an over and misused phrase.

I haven't taken your post or comments the wrong way, merely highlighting how easy misinterpretation occurs, when there is nothing but text to read (ie no aural inflection)

You are having a minor moan tho ;)

MS won't shun your next order either :) Pity you aren't able to buy over the counter, as I have occasionally received small discounts by buying in store (only when spending large sums, mind)

One day, I shall be King of the World, and make it perfect....until then, we must shop around and grab the best deals we can (discounted or not!) ;)

• Like 1

This is all water under the bridge

We don't have any decent or proper model shops around here otherwise I would be more than happy to buy over the counter

Not moaning, was purely asking before I purchased my trophy flux along with other stuff. From past experience and from other forums (not rc ones) there were discounts offered

It won't deter me from buying from ms. Far from it. I would rather support a uk business than one from the states as I said

Anyway it is all good. I just don't want to be seen as a moaning offensive idiot as I am far from that

If you can buy the same item elsewhere but cheaper, then why not try out MSs Price Match?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/pages/price-match/9

I've used it a couple times, and been very happy.

Cheers, will have a look at that Edited by Stu iles

no problems here either fella, all good.

but we need to keep modelsport as a shop, just wouldnt be the same without them....

anyway get it bought and go enjoy yourself, its a great escape from reality when out with the rc.....  :thumbsup:

no problems here either fella, all good.

but we need to keep modelsport as a shop, just wouldnt be the same without them....

anyway get it bought and go enjoy yourself, its a great escape from reality when out with the rc.....  :thumbsup:

Yeah I totally agree

Cheers big gaz