• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AX90026 YETI

53HRA

"Just returned from Axialfest..

On the last day of the event Parker asked that we choose any of the 4 courses that we had run with the mission of returning with 1 of the 49 cardboard Yetties that had been hidden along the trail.

Everyone in my group found one on Trail D. We returned with 4 of them. At 8 pm those with a Yetti got their picture taken and then received a sneak peak at a new Axial rig.

This new rig is not an SCX10 with a new body. Its not a Wraith and its not an Exo.

The truck was in a glass case so we couldn't pick it up to look underneath but what we saw and what was described to us is like a Wrexo or an Ultra4 vehicle.

The details provided to me were...

IFS Front

Straight axle rear

4 pole brush less motor RTR

2.2 wheels.

New body design with 2D driver. Body had a small spoiler on the rear.

I was a bit overwhelmed and drunk at the moment so there are a few specifics I don't recall!

1. Wheel type - I want to say they were a new design because everything struck me as new. Not for sure though.

2. Tire - Don't recall the tread pattern.

3. Radio/ESC - Its brushless so the ESC must be new. Not sure if it will come with a different radio or not.

If you too got a Yeti and a sneak peek perhaps you could help with some of the missing details.

Not sure of the release date, but they were fairly clear that they wanted us to spread the word and create some buzz!"

From rc crawler

Mm I did like the exo it was just some niggly bits that annoyed me.

Same, I have been pretty tempted to get another though, the rtr is meant to have better plastics but I like building kits which is my main reason for not biting the bullet.

Looks and sounds like something different  :thumbsup: .. I'm no fan of the scaler crawler stuff as its just to slow for me as i'm more a bashing speed freak so seeing as this is brushless, it must mean it has some speed behind it so i'll be watching this..

Just hope this brushless rig is better than the EXO and yes i never did bite the bullet on it as the reviews where just so bad and folks never seemed to keep them and always had troubles..

Lets hope thou that this axial product don't require the same amount of upgrades or work as the others.. They seem to need so much doing from what i read but then again i have never had one so its only from posts i have read ..

Does look the part thou  :thumbsup:

Looks and sounds like something different  :thumbsup: .. I'm no fan of the scaler crawler stuff as its just to slow for me as i'm more a bashing speed freak so seeing as this is brushless, it must mean it has some speed behind it so i'll be watching this..

Just hope this brushless rig is better than the EXO and yes i never did bite the bullet on it as the reviews where just so bad and folks never seemed to keep them and always had troubles..

Lets hope thou that this axial product don't require the same amount of upgrades or work as the others.. They seem to need so much doing from what i read but then again i have never had one so its only from posts i have read ..

Does look the part thou  :thumbsup:

Ditto!! Big Ditto!!

But this one might just be the 1st Axial I own.

• Like 1

Mmmm nice, ill be having one of these, love axial bomb proof stuff, it sounds to me like a twin hammers on steroids :-) cant wait.

Edited by the watchman

Tyres look like there made by BFGoodrich if that's anything to help with the tyres :)

Maybe the wrangler poison spider ones?

Edited by hebby

Think I need to make room for one of these... been wanting an ifs / solid rear sct for ages.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Its many to be out mid July so more pictures should be released soon.

Not read anywhere of a date yet myself where did you get this from ?

Was it this year or next thou as if it was going to be July MS would surely have some on order ?