• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lego fanatics

hebby

@Davy Crockett try Dom’s charger. I’m hearing from friends that have watched the latest movie that it’s indestructible! 😂

• Haha 1

Where or how are people here getting the Lego sets that they have bought as investments - speculations to be more accurate, valued and to sell them.  I've recently found out that a bunch of kits and especially mini figures that I bought for investment purposes, and have since been discontinued, and a number of these kits and mini figures where highly sought after and very hard to buy before they where discontinued, as in it was very hard to find them in stock anywhere, or produced in limited numbers for special events or limited to specific markets.

@Grogg awesome!
whadaya have?  I’m just being 👃🏼 !

eBay tends to be a good place to sell, but for expensive sets i’d only get involved when they have the lower selling fee offers. I’ve seen some very limited edition (employee-only) sets going for serious money, so plenty of collector-type buyers. 

Bricklink is my go-to for guide prices.

Selling wise, I would think it’d be pretty good too, but not sure how much their fees are. 

On 11/06/2023 at 08:07, Davy Crockett said:

Ready to go!! 👍

20230611_075754.thumb.jpg.22781f209c5b021c5c08347aa4c19200.jpg

20230611_075836.thumb.jpg.ee31b314753536940c8410535460c8bb.jpg

20230611_075921.thumb.jpg.bdf0b42c17e269aa932c970ce03f3014.jpg

Love the nitrous oxide bottles!

On 08/06/2023 at 00:23, H1q said:

@Grogg awesome!
whadaya have?  I’m just being 👃🏼 !

eBay tends to be a good place to sell, but for expensive sets i’d only get involved when they have the lower selling fee offers. I’ve seen some very limited edition (employee-only) sets going for serious money, so plenty of collector-type buyers. 

Bricklink is my go-to for guide prices.

Selling wise, I would think it’d be pretty good too, but not sure how much their fees are. 

76393 is one of the sets that I have in mint boxed condition.  Got a heck of a lot more sets, tonnes if you include all of the VIP freebies I was given, but 76393 is the set that I was curious to see the going rate for.

• Like 1

That’s a great set! Bricklink will definitely give you the best/most realistic guide prices - particularly when you look at sales in the past 6 months, as opposed to the current ‘for sale’ prices. 
Same for eBay too, when searching for ‘sold /completed items’. 

2 minutes ago, H1q said:

That’s a great set! Bricklink will definitely give you the best/most realistic guide prices - particularly when you look at sales in the past 6 months, as opposed to the current ‘for sale’ prices. 
Same for eBay too, when searching for ‘sold /completed items’. 

Yeh I though all the UK sellers asking for over £100 for the set where really pushing their luck.  Saying that used opened and built sets complete with the open box and man handled instructions second hand sets are currently trying to be sold for similar money.

Edited by Grogg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Davy Crockett said:

Well let's find out! 🤣😂

20230620_173430.jpg

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• 3 months later...

Woah! That’s a BEAST! 👍

I imagine you haven’t thought about where you’re gonna put it once built! 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...