• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaping

Rover Man

Ffs. Theyre peeved because theyre not making as much tax to spend on wine & days out for themselves as they were on tobacco. Ill pop into my local vape shop tomorrow & ask about it. Ill have to stock up on vape bits & bobs if this bollocks is coming in :ack:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NOFX said:

Ffs. Theyre peeved because theyre not making as much tax to spend on wine & days out for themselves as they were on tobacco. Ill pop into my local vape shop tomorrow & ask about it. Ill have to stock up on vape bits & bobs if this bollocks is coming in :ack:

The chappy in my shop was really clued up on it, Apparently its all available to view on the government website. There was even more reg's I've just forgotten all what he told me. Did mention something about each new juice/flavour will have to be tested at a cost of £4,500 per flavour! Now that will shut a lot of these smaller businesses down In an instant. 

As for the tanks...well mine is a cleito with the bigboy mod, so 5mm. However like the guys were saying, to get around this new 2mm ruling there is nothing stopping you from buying the tank in individual pieces therefore it would not be classed as a kit :)

But yep you got it. Government losing wonga hand over foot through smoking decline so got to squeeze it from somewhere else. 

I mean jeez, it's gonna be like popping down your local dealers back ally in a few years for a bit of blow :heh:

Yeah mate can I have 10mms of your super strength e juice please, I'm skint though....on tick til payday OK?!!!

Edited by bombercountynick
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2016 at 16:51, rawalker666 said:

I've been getting rid off mods recently but still buying lots off tanks mainly using my rx200s and various tanks

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

i was using the moonshot as my daily then when i got the mushroom two days ago i have only used the mooney twice. i dont know what it is but i get  anew mod and the rest don`t get used much but ti will use them again or sold whatever happens first also got a mage rta its abit like the moonshot tank but with a better deck which is easier to build on 

On 11/22/2016 at 22:07, bombercountynick said:

Anyone else been told about the strict regulations coming in next may? I popped into my local Vape shop last week and they were telling me some basics. 

Juice only available in 10mm bottles, max 2mm tank capacity  None of these variable wattage mods to be sold, no advertisement, non of these vape expo shows etc etc. Government pretty much cracking down on the whole lot just as it is really starting to take off. 

Obviously loopholes will be exploited but it was only a matter of time!

load of bs they are just trying to kill vaping nothing else mnatters to them apart from making money which they arent doing with vaping as much as they do with ciggy`s. atleast we dont have it as bad as the usa right now 70% tax on juice in some states so it makes it not worth even thinking about starting to vape as it would still be cheaper to smoke over there 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Carpmart said:

Vaping novice... what do I get and from where please? Want a heavy duty setup with big battery and huge great big plumes of vapour..... need a link to what to get chaps... Ta!  

big battery life look at the eleaf ipower 5000mah battery in it. i have two of them and there pretty good for the money i think there about £35-45 in the uk for big plumes look at any sort of subtank. i use a ijoy limitless plus but you need to build your own coils for it   

On 22/11/2016 at 22:07, bombercountynick said:

Anyone else been told about the strict regulations coming in next may? I popped into my local Vape shop last week and they were telling me some basics. 

Juice only available in 10mm bottles, max 2mm tank capacity  None of these variable wattage mods to be sold, no advertisement, non of these vape expo shows etc etc. Government pretty much cracking down on the whole lot just as it is really starting to take off. 

Obviously loopholes will be exploited but it was only a matter of time!

Heres a thing if you use vaping as intended a way to quit then by next May you'll have given up both fags and vaping so it won't make no odds to you but if you replaced smoking with vaping  or just jumped on the bandwagon to look cool your going to get hit ! Unless you use your nut ! Tanks don't wear out they do break if your heavy handed though so look after your gear make your own juice and coils and you can vap forever without worry 

I used to vape a lot but I used to smoke a lot, now I don't do either and same with the wife so for me I'd say it's a huge shame if the vaping scene got lost but at the same time it's own success was its downfall ! Folks got greedy and ruined it for others if there wasn't so many so called professional vapers making YouTube vids reviews etc it would have stayed under the radar but sadly that wasn't the case to many vape shows etc meant the government wanted there cut and what better why than, tax it, screw it up and get rich in the process .. 

So next time your watching your favourite reviewer telling you how great this free product is that he has just earned x amount from making the vid from give him a pat on the back as it guys like that and there greedy fat cat companies there advertising for just ruined it all for everyone.. 

Rant over off for a nice cup of tea ;) 

On 11/12/2016 at 20:58, Carpmart said:

Vaping novice... what do I get and from where please? Want a heavy duty setup with big battery and huge great big plumes of vapour..... need a link to what to get chaps... Ta!  

Get yourself one of these smok kits 

Starter cheap basic job to see if you like it 

https://www.dnavapes.com/collections/kits/products/smok-brit-one-mega-kit

slightly better but still not a bad price 

https://www.dnavapes.com/collections/kits/products/smok-r80-micro-one-starter-kit

Lot more advanced and will require extras but a lot bigger clouds and a much better vape 

https://www.dnavapes.com/collections/kits/products/smok-alien-kit

personally I'd start in the middle to begin with ;) 

Oh and use a high vg base juice 70/30 or above personally I only used 89/20 mix

Edited by mydoddy69

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, martin34 said:

I agree with mydoddy.Vaping has become about blowing big clouds and not about giving up smoking.

Thats why I refuse to spend big money on my vape stuff, I use this 

http://www.88vape.co.uk/88vape-50watt-mod-starter-kit-silver

Does me fine and I spend about a 5iver a week on juice, I know a few people who spend more money on vaping than they did smoking. Pointless if you are just in it to blow big clouds.......

Im nearly at 2 years without smoking and now im vaping less and less, so hopefully in the next year or so I'll give up vaping as well :) 

• Like 2

On 03/02/2017 at 20:51, NOFX said:

Hi. Any advice on a good mid? My coolfire 1V packed up last night.  Suggestions on a good online shop would be appreciated :)

Wismec Reuleaux RX200s from anywhere. Fasttech or aliexpress from china though. I don't buy vape gear from the UK.

On 11/12/2016 at 20:58, Carpmart said:

As above but flash it to 250w, get a smok tfv8 on there with the octo coil, fill with your favorite max vg juice and have at it on 220w.

I vape as a healthier alternative to smoking not to quit. I'm down to 3% nic but I think that might be getting a bit much for me now. I expect I'll still be blowing 0mg clouds for a while before stopping. Considering £3 odd for 100ml of diy juice no real reason to quit as it's seemingly doing no harm to my body.

Moo!

Edited by Ross9999992

Most of my diy juice stuff is from https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/. I stocked up before the tpd stuff came out though so I have just under a gallon of vg and over a litre of 72% nic out in the batcave :D

If you are lucky you might be able to get some 72% over here still as shops are/were allowed to sell off stuff that is/was in stock when the restrictions came in to force. Failing that you are looking at importing. China sells 100% nic but I'd be inclined to look closely at feedbacks for 100% China nic before ordering/breathing it in.

Oh yeah, don't forget to ask Google for a discount code, you should be able to get 5% - 20% codes without much effort :D:D

Edited by Ross9999992
Discount!!
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Thats why I refuse to spend big money on my vape stuff, I use this 

http://www.88vape.co.uk/88vape-50watt-mod-starter-kit-silver

Does me fine and I spend about a 5iver a week on juice, I know a few people who spend more money on vaping than they did smoking. Pointless if you are just in it to blow big clouds.......

Im nearly at 2 years without smoking and now im vaping less and less, so hopefully in the next year or so I'll give up vaping as well :) 

I use a jomotech lite 40.Its only £17 and has good flavour.No confusing temp or watts control.Just a nice simple vape that keeps me off the cigarette's.It does blow big clouds tho for what it is.

• Like 1

I ended up getting the aspire. Ridiculouslyadjustable.   I like to adjust to the varying juice. It's got an removable battery. The coolfire battery packed up & was inbuilt .  Liking it so far ?

On 08/02/2017 at 00:02, NOFX said:

I ended up getting the aspire. Ridiculouslyadjustable.   I like to adjust to the varying juice. It's got an removable battery. The coolfire battery packed up & was inbuilt .  Liking it so far ?

My Coolfire just packed up too. Quick investigation with a Torx driver found it comes apart pretty easy (had nothing to lose :D) and battery swap looks to be a straight solder job if you can find a suitable cell with solder tabs....

On 07/02/2017 at 16:53, mond said:

Where are you buying your juice materials from? I need to get on this. I've got down to 0.3mg but I want to make my own 0.15 before quitting entirely. 

I use darkstar for my nicotine vg and pg and there flavours are okay 

http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk

Concentrates supplies he is few I use 

http://vapable.com

https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk

http://www.t-juice.com

https://www.vampirevape.co.uk

Bottles I use ibottle 

https://www.ibottles.co.uk

get yourself a nice big 100 ml syringe for filling bottles with your VG and a few 10 ml ones .. 

don't forget to let it steep before vaping it for about 2-4weeks is best I find ;) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Geeze said:

My Coolfire just packed up too. Quick investigation with a Torx driver found it comes apart pretty easy (had nothing to lose :D) and battery swap looks to be a straight solder job if you can find a suitable cell with solder tabs....

I took mine apart too. It was full of juice. I used the case to make a skid plate for my kyosho axxe.  I'm loving my new mod.