• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

"VINTAGE" or "RETRO" r/c owners thread.

Gaz!

Why do Tamiya put weird slogans on the spoilers? So far I've seen "Way out Runnin'!", "Anytime Baby!!" and now "Impressive Numbers". WHAT!?!?

Is it the result of poor translations, or something?

• 1 month later...

My first semi-decent RC was a Taiyo Heads Up Turbo Hopper. In yellow.I'd love to get hold of a good one nowadays, but they're rare as anything... more so for yellow ones.

There's on in Oz, but I doubt he'd ship to UK, and all-in that would be a lot of money, anyway.

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Driver's head turned with the steering servo. It was pretty cool!

If anyone has one or knows of one, let me know!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love the older retro rc cars. for me the pinnicle of these is the white plastic. models. old traxxas old rc10. i love the home made mods to get these cars to run as they were supposed to go. The time and effort of some i have soon is awesome. I do have an old traxxas rad 2 to bring back to glory. as well as decent supply of tamiya falcon.

All hail the vintage!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Got this in the post today.

Losi xxxcr with Atomic Carbon kit, and other bits, all unused. Probably the newest thing id ever consider vintage or retro. Plans are to try and find as many bits as i can to lighten it, and go brushless. Carbon fibre never fails to make go silly. 

139d10b4-61a9-426f-8262-7bc06e3dcc66_zps

Just noticed its got JBL stickers  on the sheet, and on the nose of the car on the boxart. I neither know nor care why, but its nice because ive had JBL speakers in my last 3 cars!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

thats really nice! i dont know how you managed to get that far with it and not paint the body, mind you when i first looked at my xxxcr body it seemed a shame to cut it out. when youve got a car like that it makes a nice detail to have the original tyres on it. Top stuff.

thats really nice! i dont know how you managed to get that far with it and not paint the body, mind you when i first looked at my xxxcr body it seemed a shame to cut it out. when youve got a car like that it makes a nice detail to have the original tyres on it. Top stuff.

Just wanted original....I never wanted to paint the shell.And thats not the only vintage I have thats brand new! :whistling:

yes we need a vintage section :D

but i think there should be an age which makes them a vintage! how many years back is the question.

10 years or more maybe?

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Hi I'm new on this and hope you can help. Looking for a parts list or manual for a superten gp spider 4wd belt drive gs11x engine I need the black plastic part at the back that attaches to the top deck chassis it is also where the small 4wd belt and gear attaches to. sorry I don't know it's name or part number. but the car is about 15 years old please help.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up 2 cars I drooled over as kid.

Have new tbg body waiting for me to paint, but still not found the guts:(

IMAG0418_zps88069472.jpg

IMAG0475_zpsd16ef471.jpg

• Like 3

I picked up 2 cars I drooled over as kid.

Have new tbg body waiting for me to paint, but still not found the guts:(

IMAG0418_zps88069472.jpg

IMAG0475_zpsd16ef471.jpg

Very nice, 2 of my favorite all time tamiya models, the celica grb looks in ok nick as is, red stickers look a bit rough but very good condition over all, i have just started to collect tamiyas again after selling them all a few years ago :( i sooo wish i didnt now, i had a mint celica and new in box 959 with a new in box spare body set, i could never bring myself to paint those bodies just incase i cocked up lo, congrats on the 2 purchases though buddy, enjoy :)

• Like 1

The bodies are decent, the Porsche has the light bulbs working also. But the Toyota is missing the side mirror.

Both have their technigold motor in great condition.