• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How do Tamiya do it/get away with it?

300bhp/ton

Who wouldn't want to see a 1515 powered DT02, or a Leopard 4274 in a Sand Rover.

Might even be scope to make the Fast Attack Vehicle....er...FAST!

I've always had a hankering for a BL Street Rover....................................................

What I want to see is a hoard of Lunch Boxes and Midnight Pumpkins charging/limping/failing round an offroad track :)

With prize money!

YouTube search for wheelie kings, a group of racers were given them for a laugh, it's quite funny watching them trying to race them.

There are enough owners on here... gearbox spares are cheap enough... Only issue I can see is under/over gearing, owing to the limited options on some models....not worth frying decent electrics over...

My local club do a tamiya standard silver can class aswell as others like this

It's about fun yes but even when serious racing is involved there will never be a traxxas piece of junk in sight sorry but traxxas as I remember where one of the first to release rtr cars why because people are lazy and dumb and can't build a kit to save their lives but these sort of people don't realise it ain't all about speed and handling.

Oh and while your hating tamiyas apart from every reply on here traxxas did what this past year or so 100mph car and a drag racer funny car both over priced pieces of well

• Like 2

It's about fun yes but even when serious racing is involved there will never be a traxxas piece of junk in sight sorry but traxxas as I remember where one of the first to release rtr cars why because people are lazy and dumb and can't build a kit to save their lives but these sort of people don't realise it ain't all about speed and handling.

Oh and while your hating tamiyas apart from every reply on here traxxas did what this past year or so 100mph car and a drag racer funny car both over priced pieces of well

...... interesting RC.

Pushing the boundaries the no-one else does out of the box ...

Joking aside, I enjoyed my Tamiyas - the detailing, the humour in some of the decals, and the best part was always the building - this helped me build up an understanding of what goes where and why. Not saying Tamiya have the best ideas, materials or anything like that ... nothing beats building / re-building your own truck. Agreed.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

You don't half sound like an angry person.  :er:

• Like 1

Not angry just you should hang your head in shame as you've just slated one of the biggest company's in the modeling world not just rc just some of the detail in tamiyas static kits put every other brand to shame and for you to compare a US rtr lazy boy brand to one of the best kit manufacturers in the world is well more of a joke than you think just the amount of replies on here praising tamiya should give you an idea of how most of us from mid 30s to 50s grew up on them tamiyas.

In fact tamiya rc cars are that easy I can't think of a single one that would take me more than a day to build. Oh and I said cars not tanks or trucks their in a different league

I get why people love tamiya theyve done more for rc than any company surly. But i do think they need to update and price it better. The 80s / 90s gen wont be buying forever so they need to restart those days with new upto date kits. Or another company might.

Ide like to see tamiya release a kids radio tyco style but takes crystals then I would buy one. Is it the hornet they did in pink my little girl would love that but her hands barly fit tyco transmitters.

Also if you're down on tamiya just google their factory/show room its amazing.

That's my take too. Fact is if a new company without Tamiyas fanbase and size was to start selling such basic designs for so much money they would be a laughing stock. They can (and) should do better, but as long as the sheep keep paying through the nose for that badge why would they?

That's my take too. Fact is if a new company without Tamiyas fanbase and size was to start selling such basic designs for so much money they would be a laughing stock. They can (and) should do better, but as long as the sheep keep paying through the nose for that badge why would they?

BAAAAA

• Like 1

hey fatboyneil, thats my kind of racing :yes:  :yes:

not been to broxtowe for years, if you go regularly, let me know next time a "vintage" race is on and ill come along and have a bash :thumbsup:

I've never been but jonno that works at pbm is on the commity at bmcc and now I have a team c tc02c I'm hoping to get a bit of indoor carpet racing that keep trying to get me to buy a Schumacher supastox but I wouldn't stand a chance against any of them their insane

Not angry just you should hang your head in shame as you've just slated one of the biggest company's in the modeling world not just rc just some of the detail in tamiyas static kits put every other brand to shame and for you to compare a US rtr lazy boy brand to one of the best kit manufacturers in the world is well more of a joke than you think just the amount of replies on here praising tamiya should give you an idea of how most of us from mid 30s to 50s grew up on them tamiyas.

In fact tamiya rc cars are that easy I can't think of a single one that would take me more than a day to build. Oh and I said cars not tanks or trucks their in a different league

but I haven't slated them. And I think that's quite a point to establish. I just asked how in many cases they charge a lot for a low spec model running basically the same out dated electronics as they did in the late 80's early 90's.

Fbn, appreciate the irony of the situation - 300bhp/ton, RC cars: Maverick Atom. Pot kettle perhaps? Lolololol

why? The Atom was cheap and much higher spec than most Tamiya models.

And that's hardly the extent of my RC collection. Traxxas SRT, Losi XX, XX CR, XXT CR, XX4, Schumacher Fireblade, Trinity Pro-10, MRC, Schumacher Storm Nitro, Schumacher 4wd Touring.