• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ally engine mount on my marder not lining up

collective itch

I have seen this before on a cheap copy and the hole in the engine mount is off centre causing the problem you have. Do you have a pic of the top of the mount showing the fixing hole? Looking at the first pic the hole in yours is towards the front rather than being in the centre

Edited by dwarfy

My marder did it too one of the engine mounts plastic had opened up letting the engine slide I fitted both alloy mounts and it all lined up fine.

Isnt that mount on the layshaft tho not engine mount is it the mounts I had was much bigger like bars and the large one had bearings in ide check the mounts under the engine are good.

hi peeps, chassis is true, everyhting lined up fine till i replaced the p[plastic mounts with the ally ones. no dirt, or chassis bends that i can see. it is a copy engine mount of ebay, so im thinking the machining is off causing things to be out of line. bummer, as ive just got some blackbone gears, and a tuned pipe for it. now i need to spend more on it! oh well, im determined to have it running right, so may have to invest inb some genuine fg ally mounts.

after some digging around, it appears the engine mount, bought from ebay, either has been manufactured badly, or its for a on road or something. the hole at the top that doesnt line up, is beciacus the hole is to far forward on the if that makes sense. 

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/de/products/fg_6486-6486-alu-motorbock-gross-fuer-1:6-2wd-zenoah-aluminium-1st-.html

on this one the hole seems to be bang in the middle of the 'square' on top, where as on mine its near the front of the square. 

either i get the one above which is pretty deer, or get another ebay one, but most of them dont show the view i need to check, as there all side on shots.

after some digging around, it appears the engine mount, bought from ebay, either has been manufactured badly, or its for a on road or something. the hole at the top that doesnt line up, is beciacus the hole is to far forward on the if that makes sense.

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/de/products/fg_6486-6486-alu-motorbock-gross-fuer-1:6-2wd-zenoah-aluminium-1st-.html

on this one the hole seems to be bang in the middle of the 'square' on top, where as on mine its near the front of the square.

either i get the one above which is pretty deer, or get another ebay one, but most of them dont show the view i need to check, as there all side on shots.

Thats what I said lol!! Just make a new brace as suggested above. Edited by dwarfy
  • Like 1

Bit of an update on this, managed to find a genuine fg off road mount used, at a good price. In the process of fitting my blackbone gears, just wondered how these are supposed to be shimmed out with the included washers. The clutch bell gear seems ok, but the spur gear if seated all the way, the hub part of it sits right against the lay shaft bearing on the gear plate. Surely this will knacker the bearing, as it's sitting against the whole bearing, not the inner race like I thought it would. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks

Shimming .... enough to limit movement to maintain mesh and not enough to make it tight - must be free running.

You have a shoulder screw to keep all in place or E-clip?

Do the Blackbones have grub screws in - I use a combination of the grubs on the gear carriers and the shoulder screw - sort of 'double safety'.

Al.

Have you ring type washers - only big enough to catch the inner part of the bearing, but NOT the outer?

If YES, that is in-between the Blackbone and the bearing - avoid a 'conflict' of the Blackbone grinding against inner and outer rings of the bearing.

Makes sense?

Al.