• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finding a wife who has gone AWOL

Nick

My Turkish housemate has just come home from visiting Turkey, where he is engaged to his new future wife. Yey!

However he is already married, his wife, disappeared, still alive though, she just went away and never came back and her whereabouts are unknown.

Obviously he can't get married without having a divorce first and to complicate things further, they got married in Turkey and she is somewhere in the UK or France (we think).

I know with UK law, you can file for a missing wife and get a divorce but the process takes a long time and I'm not sure this is even possible since they got married in Turkey anyway?

I know here name and e-mail address, so I was wondering if I could track her down myself but honestly don't know where to start, lol.

Does anyone have advice for him that has experienced or knows about similar situations? or where I can start looking for her? :lol:

Thanks,

Nick.

if you have her name and email then first place to go is facebook, linkedin etc etc? may dig up something on there, maybe a friend of hers 

or you could email her and be like "YO ...WHERE U AT!"

Edited by PurcyP
  • Like 2

Looked at this thread last night and it seemed a bit odd then...I still have little grasp on the procedings...

So...is the guy going back to Turkey when he has the divorce so that he can marry the other woman...why did he get engaged knowing he was already married?

Some office in Turkey dealing with marriage will have the missing womans records if they married legally in Turkey...that would be my first point of call....after that he could report her as a missing person in this country.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the scariest thread ive read on here if she doesnt want to be found then respect that. My mum ran from her husband after suffering his drunken anger for long enough. Hes been trying to track her ever since. I dont know the ins and outs nobody does but if she doesn't want to be found then ???

LOL!

I tried Facebook and all the easy stuff, I guess I will just have to give him some links to the legal stuff.

This is exactly what he said when he got hold of my mums number but not divorce. damn the pic didnt show up.

Edited by RCbutcher

This is the scariest thread ive read on here if she doesnt want to be found then respect that. My mum ran from her husband after suffering his drunken anger for long enough. Hes been trying to track her ever since. I dont know the ins and outs nobody does but if she doesn't want to be found then ???

thats not the point, the reason for finding her is so that they can divorce and he can move on with the woman he is with now as his new wife.

• Like 2

he wants a divorce not to assault or murder her:S