• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post up a random picture and keep it clean please

wangerman69

Sumi-e , a style of painting from china using a large brush made from hogs hair and or wolf brissle.

the brush holds a shape so thought must be used on each stroke and the first stroke dictating all others.

painted on rice paper a very delicate like medium, unlike western canvas and modern paints, Kanji or sumi

uses ink, one that the painter/calligarapher will grind down him/herself  with water..

My first ever try, i painted in school and was rubbish, but i could model a lump of clay into a fishing reel

or a leather bag , i learnt to airbrush and rattle can the usual one/two color then tones. 

now i am trying sumi using nothing but water based acrylics and western brushes.

the paper used was the stuff you find in the toes of new shes you buy, that white tracing paper like stuff.

paint was vallejo nato black airbrush paint and water ( very much water) and a number 10 bullet nose brush

remember first ever go at propper arty brush painting, not deception art 

lES8SmY.jpg