• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

i have iye....

KieranBolton

Gone french havn't a :)

Engine
Sportex backbox.
4-1 raceland manifold (no eml on light as uses both lambdas).
CDA style carbon airbox.
Carbon wrapped engine cover.
Toyosports oil catch tank.

Chassis
C2 vts wheels in black with loeb centres
Lowerd on FK highsport coilovers
Custom low rear springs
New discs and pads all round.
New bottom ball joints
Had a brand new back axle last year.

Exterior
Matte black wrapped roof.
6k h.i.d headlights
Smoothed front grille.

Not a huge spec but here's some pictures

1010198_10200959284360768_1756354314_n.j

Full tank! :)

1001328_10200964536812076_1363337373_n.j

Quick overtake video with pop <3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200966255175034&l=3001793981447678096

Thats all for now folks! :)

Edited by KieranBolton

get the headlights changed bud, wont be passing an mot anytime soon otherwise! unless you have fitted self leveling units and headlight washers? ;)

also i believe the feds can now fine you for it too!

get the headlights changed bud, wont be passing an mot anytime soon otherwise! unless you have fitted self leveling units and headlight washers? ;)

Passed mine a few weeks ago it wasnt mentioned? Not even an advisory?

Kieran what engine is it? is it a VTS?

EDIT: Just HPI'd it, its a VTS, was just confused as to why you put "VTS Wheels" sounded like you added them to it lol

Edited by Guns

yeah they're totally self leveling etc etc :)Fully MOT legal promise everyone here

Is it me being stupid again or can i not see any headlight washers :sweatingbullets:

Either way, looks alright kieran, good thing about frenchies is that they weigh naff all so they do shift :)

Edited by bodgemonkey

Pop is always fun. Safer than a flame melting your bumper bit by bit.

Always do the random thing to see if there are any mutual friends too. I got Baggsy as the mutual :P

Passed mine a few weeks ago it wasnt mentioned? Not even an advisory?

Kieran what engine is it? is it a VTS?

EDIT: Just HPI'd it, its a VTS, was just confused as to why you put "VTS Wheels" sounded like you added them to it lol

have you retro fitted them? or were they standard fit?

as technically now it should fail, it was put into the MOT jan this year i think, will have to check with my brother as he's an MOT inspector so knows whats what more than i do! lol

it was put in with the likes of warning lights on the dash i.e traction control warning lights, before if it was on it would be an advisory or ignored now its a fail!

have you retro fitted them? or were they standard fit?

as technically now it should fail, it was put into the MOT jan this year i think, will have to check with my brother as he's an MOT inspector so knows whats what more than i do! lol

it was put in with the likes of warning lights on the dash i.e traction control warning lights, before if it was on it would be an advisory or ignored now its a fail!

its a cheapo

with the line "you fitted these after the mot, didnt you??" :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

de cat could be tricky depending on readings but not impossible to sort :whistling:

it is a fail technically if its not self levelling or doesn`t have headlamp washer but unless vosa are doing a spot check at the time your car is being tested, i wouldnt think you will have any issues......

was a tester myself until 2011 too :thumbsup:

on a side note, not my cup of tea kieran but nevertheless a smart looking little car fella, cant beat french hatchbacks for fun.......

old mans scooby was decat half a pot of redex before the mot and it was fine :)

The headlamps dont require washers or levelling devices. 

They are only required to work " If fitted "  If they are not fitted they are an advisory.  The MOT testers manual states " The headlamps MAY be fitted with washers and or levelling devices . IF such systems are fitted they must work. " 

As for the CAT. This MUST be fitted to the vehicle regardless of MOT emissions test conclusion. ie. Even if your car is cleaner than the air you breath it will still fail for the cat not being fitted. 

( Been a tester for 15 years ) 

Enjoy

Headlamps

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4s01000701.htm

Left hand column 3rd paragraph. 

Cat presense/

Center and right hand column

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4s07000101.htm

Any other MOT Qs guys?

Edited by Strada xt

i can imagine checking for washers is easy

however how would you check they self lever without tilting the car lol

You dont to check the levellers for working, only presence. Manual states it is impractical to test for function, So as long as its there and in one piece its fine. 

Edited by Strada xt

The headlamps dont require washers or levelling devices. 

They are only required to work " If fitted "  If they are not fitted they are an advisory.  The MOT testers manual states " The headlamps MAY be fitted with washers and or levelling devices . IF such systems are fitted they must work. " 

As for the CAT. This MUST be fitted to the vehicle regardless of MOT emissions test conclusion. ie. Even if your car is cleaner than the air you breath it will still fail for the cat not being fitted. 

( Been a tester for 15 years ) 

Enjoy

Headlamps

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4s01000701.htm

Left hand column 3rd paragraph. 

Cat presense/

Center and right hand column

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4s07000101.htm

Any other MOT Qs guys?

yes very true if fitted must work, but if HID lamps have been retro fitted to a car without self level headlights and headlight washers it should fail.

thats what i was getting at bud not every car requires washers and levelers lol

No they dont. Retro fitted doesnt come into it in the slightest. Fully passable. If you actually get into the nitty gritty with the DOT then the aftermarket lamps only require levellers and washers of over a certain K value. As MOT testing has no way of measuring k value they are not to be taken into consideration during the test. This is how some manufacturers are getting around the system. Not all factory cars with HIDs have washers or levellers. Have a read of the mot testers manual I have linked to. You will find no mention at all of aftermarket lights. That is the official testers bible as issued by VOSA.

No they dont. Retro fitted doesnt come into it in the slightest. Fully passable. If you actually get into the nitty gritty with the DOT then the aftermarket lamps only require levellers and washers of over a certain K value. As MOT testing has no way of measuring k value they are not to be taken into consideration during the test. This is how some manufacturers are getting around the system. Not all factory cars with HIDs have washers or levellers. Have a read of the mot testers manual I have linked to. You will find no mention at all of aftermarket lights. That is the official testers bible as issued by VOSA.

thats bloody odd, as i read when the new rules came in that any retro fitted ones will fail the MOT! maybe scare tactics!

i know you can get done by the feds for it but thats a different matter.