• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

From: jannedwr   To reduce freeplay in wheels i did these changes.

Wheelbearing stabilisation,

make a collar from hard alu in these dimention (all mess in mm.) 5.8od x 4.01id x 2.1thick

Then buy kyosho shims 4id x 6od x 0.1,0.2,0.3thick

Mount the parts as shown, test with 0.1shim first feel if still axial play, if try the 0.2shim and so on. I ended up with 0.2 on two wheel and 0.3 on two wheels. Now you can tighten your rim as hard as you need and get all the pressure on the smaller ring on the bearings.

The pics is just for showing, you must do this with the hub and wheel mounted!

IMAG0986_zps931bacf8.jpg

If you have no tools to cut your own you can buy them from Thumbs Design (currently out of stock but just ask)

and 3racing shims are cheaper ;)

Edited by Deafty

Forgot to check on the pole, was to worried about my little emb-1[emoji27] [emoji33] [emoji7]

Ok, changed my rod ends to the rpm ones, all good - or so I thought.....

Back to the same issue as before, bang on straight forward, veers to one side in reverse. I know in the grand scheme of things it may not matter much, but it bugs the hell out of me.

Everything is measured and the sides are equal, so no idea what the issue is but my patience is starting to wear a little thin now. Could it be a fraction (not visible to the naked eye) out and thus affecting the pull if one side is fractions of a millimetre longer?

Edited by Jefferson

Whats the damage report from Mr post?

@jefferson:

You seem a little like myself, never happy till it's perfect .lol:

Most of us use digital calipers for measuring. I use these ones they are often rebranded and sold locally for 4x the price fyi.

I've got those, there on ebay for about 1/4 of the price.

OK I'm back :)

My change of heart /direction may not turn out as planned and I still have lipo packs, charger and spares for the buggy

So, contemplating the kit version - yes I know massive u-turn, am on with the electrics but wondered if this esc would be suitable....

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-wp-16bl30-bl-esc/rc-car-products/382830

Looks like it would fit the bill, it's 30amp and nice low profile

I also have on-road wheels and shims (amongst other bits), where would I place the shims to get a better fit when fitting the on road wheels - have read people add shims or washers but not clear where exactly

Thanks

shims:  Either before pin and after bearing (4mm in pic) or under bearings (8mm not shown)

the thing between the two barings is a 'crush tube'  the next before pin is a shim.

IMAG0986_zps931bacf8.jpg

Edited by Deafty