• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Save RC on Hackney Marshes!

stallion_explosion

Sound can travel extremely long distances based on the sound pattern, in this case although the sound of a nitro engine or any engine for that matter appears constant it is in fact a pulse (from each explosion within the engine) those pulses will actually travel slightly longer distances than lets say a horn, which is why you can hear cars with loud exhausts from so far away.

The extrapolated volume of all of the nitros together would definitely drone out that of a car passing by, for two reasons. The distance of the source sound never changes making it a constant, and the distance of the sound made by a passing car increases quite quickly making the waves longer and therefore quieter.

Edited by Feedtheinferno

i did that a few pages back.

so really it comes down to that old "alien noise syndrome" you hear something different and unusual and you end up focusing on it thus making it louder than it really is.

we all get it 

I have run my nitro and my baja in a park located closely to houses. Not once have i had a complaint i now fly my quad copter in the same park and any locals just stare at it in amazement really.

I often get people walk over and start asking questions where i fly it back and answer them

I wouldn't say the noise of nitro or petrol baja are any more annoying then a person using there jet washer, hedge trimmer or lawnmower  its quite luckily there are  no flats around near me or they would all be going mental at those sounds. 

Also half surprised we have had the comment of "My baby can't sleep with the noise" etc  but i guess there the one usually crying in Costa coffee for about 3 hours

• 3 weeks later...

What a w**ker!!

I have no time for people who moan over such trivial matters. There are people in this world who cannot feed their own children, or who live in fear of violence on a daily basis, and we have pricks like that complaining that they can't hear their TV at 3pm!

Makes my blood boil. Perspective, please.

Just mr jobs body doing the usual I've had them stop me running my drifter in a car park a good 600 meters away saying I was keepin his baby's awake with the "engine" noise although I was running electric.

By the way if you people are reading this people only threaten you if you come out with an attitude. Have you invited rc'ers to come stand outside your flats in the car park and ask them what they think?

If it's that bad I do emplore you to make a video and post it up from your flats even just point it at the window so people on here can see what it's like.

At the moment all it looks like is 3 people complaining to the council and bugging them until they do something.

I made suggestions too folk whom ran at marshes on a regular like myself did, too have a meeting an discuss matter but nowt came off that,  It just showed me lack of passoin/interest to get a suited location for rc from council,  don't see point of thread on here nothing been done but add more fuel to inferno & those new faces that I seen driving their 1/8's & 1/5's like total planks really don't help!. i've just kept my focus on racing an bash elsewhere away from those I use to bash with at marshes as not serious hearted...

Although I'm not from there I just took the time to read this to an the article from Damien.. Me personally I can see it from both sides to be honest u wanna do ur hobby he wants to chill out with tv.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but people have bee bashing in that location for a long time.. And this guy decided enough is enough an got his own way, however it took him time but he got there in the end the point in trying to make is why don't you guys take a little time get on the councils arse n basically tell em your just gunna keep going from place to place because there is no proper or somewhat adequate location u can use a the time.

Surely they can't be bothered with hundreds of noise complaints hundreds of huge log shipments too many tons of sand and too many signs?

It's a thought for ya guys ;)

1 last thing

Bash Hard!! ;)

What wound me up was the constant reference to "Remote Controlled Cars". If you're going to complain about something at least get the terminology right.

• Like 1

im still putting it down to the foreign noise syndrome

you hear something out of the ordinary, focus on it, becomes worse than it really is.

the amount of traffic that passes the flats on a daily basis in my opinion beats a few rc cars on the old db meter. 

as said, its 3 people bugging the council until they do something, its an incredibly petty issue, the flat owners could always install better windows because i cant hear sizzle outside when mine are closed.

• 1 year later...

Completely agree with ya purcyP all it takes is time I suppose an bigjim you sound like you've got the right idea lol

Anyone knows where to play to play RC at Hackney?cheers!

Epic thread resurrection ......

• Like 1