• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra glamis uno thread

BORO-ROB

I take it all back been out again with the glamis and my truggy this morning and guess what turn out the glamis can jump pretty well, turns out that I had my rear shockers set up way to hard and to thinner oil in them, I've wound some preloaded off and am now running 40wt oil in them..

The other trick to getting a nice clean jump out her is laying off the throttle just as you hit the jump then she'll glide like an arrow needing very little correction mid air.. I'm now very pleased ;)

Only bad thing that happened today was I thought I was filming the lot but I pushed the wrong button on my gopro and ended up with ten useless stills from when I thought I was starting and stopping the action.. Meh :(

Lol No need to guess. I did a bad glue job on some buggy tyres once. All 4 tyres came off first lap of a race !!

Edited by M1tchy

Not until now. Looks like just a 4 seat body shell and chassis on the Uno underpinnings. Why so much more expensive?

watch that gearing fella they're mahoosive :D

Oh I will alright. I have plenty of pinions to test with. I should be able to work out the gearing roghly by the wheel diameter

Heres some footage from todays beach bash with mamba-man and his dad chris, fun day and proof that the glamis can take a fair beating and keep on ticking, im running bone stock apart from the junfac piggybacks and a 22t pinion on 3s..

Cheers guys it's always a good crack on the beach, although I didn't beat it as hard as my truggy I'm still pleased with the amount of abuse it will take. And the now the handling is dialled just right it's a joy to throw around..

smash was that yellow hong nor a rockstar yellow shell with smiithy painted on the rear if so that my old truggy small world eh

yeah that's mamba-man right there.. he was killing it too ;) double back flips and standing back flips on 5s..