• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Todays Epic Fail (or what i broke today)

RCMonkee

something is wrong but I just can't put my finger on it.

Odd wheels mate, he has different wheels front and rear!

I spotted it straight away  :tease:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a tumble down the straight and my shock popped out the end and i lost the spring. Spent ages looking for it but couldnt find it.

Guess where it was.........................?

IMAG4694_zpswvfr3zlg.jpg

• Like 3

Whirring heard and no forward movement after running for 10 mins. Open up the cover for the pinion/spur and find the pinion has slid down the motor shaft by a few mm and the spur chewed to bits.

0F1BE584-8588-41CC-9B81-D14892241AF4.jpg

Had a tumble down the straight and my shock popped out the end and i lost the spring. Spent ages looking for it but couldnt find it.

Guess where it was.........................?

IMAG4694_zpswvfr3zlg.jpg

LOL! This happened to me once, and I spent a couple of hours looking for it  :rofl:

I remember that when it first showed - I cried for at least an hour - with laughter, and next day stomach was still sore!!

Absolute gem ...

Loved Des's face when he realised ...

Were they Messerschmitts?  !!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Savox went in my Losi 8T at the track on Sunday. Took it out to change it after 5 mins and it was crazy hot, 60+ lol. Rear shock gave out in the Final on the first lap and lost the spring. Well annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't tighten the grub screw properly on my freshly built brushless hyper 7 when I tested it indoors for the second time. It stopped dead after a couple seconds. The pinion had slipped on the shaft and the grub screw had unwound, jamming itself against the motor mount. I tried to take the pinion off but couldn't, it took the claw end of the hammer and some considerable force to remove it. It turned out that the tip of the grub had also scratched the motor shaft which in turn scratched the inside of the pinion.

Anyways, I used some fine wet & dry to smooth down the motor shaft and some slightly rougher stuff on the inside of the pinion so that it could fit back on the shaft. I also used the courser stuff to flatten the pointy end of the grub so that it has more surface area. Thankfully all is now well without any damage to the motor....

• 3 weeks later...