• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Woodland RC Track | Camberley, Surrey | Next Meet: TBA

TrickyTris

Hi guys, can anyone turn up there and have a blast..? M rand my 11 year old son just want to spend half an hour or so getting used to our new car. We are very new to RC.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, just turn up. Not sure what state the 'track' is in atm.

@Tris: Did you get a chance to do any track work recently? I'm off the an LSTR G6 fun day this Sunday, but up for a bash at the track some weekend after that :yes:

• Like 1

Many thanks for the reply. How long a walk is it from the parking area to the track? Happy to help maintain the track too...

Only 2-3 mins from the parking in the mouth of the turning off The MaultWay (B3015) (just after the roundabout with Red Road).

@cyronn No worries mate, there'll be plenty of bashes once the weather warms up!  :thumbsup:

@4WheelRC I didn't get the chance to go down the track in the end sadly. Went to test my truggy before popping there and found I had very bent rear driveshafts from the bad landings at Slough RC Track. Stupid big jumps! lol

I imagine the track is a complete mess at the moment and doesn't even resemble a track. It's had 3/4 months of 4x4 & motocross bikes blasting through it, with no maintenance in-between. So if anyone goes there, be prepared for disappointment, as it wont look anywhere as good as the videos on page 1 of this thread! (Feel free to use the broom & shovel we stashed in the bushes though. Just please put them back afterwards! :))

Shall we try and get a meet arranged for last weekend of Feb, the 28th? Hopefully can get down there before that and get it back in shape.. I need the exercise anyway! :lol:

Hi All,

Just found this spot and live in Byfleet, so quite close by, so would love to come down sometime.

I see from the front page the track is in need of some TLC, be happy to help if any work party is organised provided that

work ( I have to work two Sats per month) and family don't clash.

I am of work this coming Monday 23rd so might stick the Hyper 7 in the car and have a mosey down providing it's not

hissing down to see if the track is usable.

Look forward to meeting up with some of you sometime.

All the best, Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I went down to the track on Sunday afternoon and it is in need of some TLC. The worst bit has been I think caused by some water erosion where water has run off the sides and left some deep gullies. I got my phone out to take some pics and as I went to take them the wife rang and I forgot to take them. There are also some puddles around and a log in the middle. I couldn't find the shovel or broom but then again I don't know where they are hidden. Shouldn't take too much trouble to get it back into shape though.

I ran my old XTM Mammoth monster truck and my little 'un used my MERV and we had a loads of fun, just a pain cleaning them up after.

Cheers, Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thought I'd just let you know that I'll be taking a break from RC for a while.

Been getting back into my downhill mountain biking and have decided to race competitively again starting in the summer. So lots of training required over the next few months to get back into shape & up to standard! I've also got a lot of car shows & events to go to this year, so its going to be a busy one! :)

I'm sure I'll be around for a bash or two in the summer, so next time I decide to go for one I'll post on here & see if anyone is about!  :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your help with the track and fun bashes over the past few years. It's been a blast!

Hope to see you all soon!

Tris

Sorry to hear this, hey ho. Do post or PM when you fancy a bash (or a scale trail run). Good luck on your bike :thumbsup: 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. Might have found a dead thread here but, where do you do your scale/trailing? I live up the old dean got an scx kit round Christmas time. Been up the heathland a few times but gets a bit lonely on my tod, . Lol

Hi guys. Might have found a dead thread here but, where do you do your scale/trailing? I live up the old dean got an scx kit round Christmas time. Been up the heathland a few times but gets a bit lonely on my tod, . Lol

Hi Matt, this thread is not 100% dead, more kinda 'sleeping' :whistling:  I'm intending on getting to the track over the summer for some runs, so will post here as/when.

But the good news is that I'm scaler nutty and happy to meet up to trail round this area some time. Also checkout http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127 where you will find the London Scale Trail Runners ('LSTR'), who meet on the last Sunday of every month for a 'competition' day (its more about having fun, no prizes etc.). LSTR meet at various locations around the M25 and IMHO its a fun day out - Get yourself signed up on scale4x4rc.org and say hello.

Aaaand there is the RRCI Scale Nationals 2015 at the end of this month of you fancy: https://www.facebook.com/events/1594621657433914/ this is an epic scale & trail fest :thumbsup:

Btw, which SCX10 did you get?

Edited by 4WheelRC

Sounds good I'll look into those links. Cheers

Got myself a g6 jeep scx10 liked its look on the box lol. Stuck a cheap brushed motor and hobbywing esc in it. Killed the esc last month. Treated myself to a tekin fxr combo as people seem to rave about them. Nice smooth set up with that tekin.. Not got a winch. I got an axial nvs light system but not got round to setting it up yet. Got t a castle Bec but need to up its voltage for lights and a winch.

It's a different experience to running the thunder tiger that's for sure ,????

Sounds good I'll look into those links. Cheers

Got myself a g6 jeep scx10 liked its look on the box lol. Stuck a cheap brushed motor and hobbywing esc in it. Killed the esc last month. Treated myself to a tekin fxr combo as people seem to rave about them. Nice smooth set up with that tekin.. Not got a winch. I got an axial nvs light system but not got round to setting it up yet. Got t a castle Bec but need to up its voltage for lights and a winch.

Good choice on the Tekin FXR combo, thats a great ESC and Tekin's motors are good. If you fancy getting a winch, checkout my YouTube channel (link in my sig), as I have done a bunch of informational winch videos.

It's a different experience to running the thunder tiger that's for sure ,????

:thumbsup:  Thats for sure! I find scale trailing very relaxing compared to flying round as fast as possible and regularly breaking expensive stuff on trees etc. :whistling:

Edited by 4WheelRC

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Been getting back into my downhill mountain biking and have decided to race competitively again starting in the summer. So lots of training required over the next few months to get back into shape & up to standard! I've also got a lot of car shows & events to go to this year, so its going to be a busy one! :)

I'm sure I'll be around for a bash or two in the summer, so next time I decide to go for one I'll post on here & see if anyone is about!  :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your help with the track and fun bashes over the past few years. It's been a blast!

Hope to see you all soon!

Tris

Ah wow nice Tris sorry, I've only recently started to check msuk forum again.  I have taken a break from RC also atmo.  I'm going to sell my rc cars as rollers and hopefully pick up a new 8th buggy next year but just bought another motorbike so I might not be around for a while.

Thanks for all the good laughs we have had and hopefully catch up soon, even if its just for a beer instead.

Take Care

• 3 months later...

Not sure who will read this as most folks are off doing other things, but wanted to wish a very Happy Christmas all the NHB Bashers :) 

I'm planning on getting down to the track some time next year, definitely with a broom as I am sure it is a total mess... Hopefully catch some of you there in 2016.

Edited by 4WheelRC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Northmatt said:

Hey 4WheelRC, you gonna go to the G6 event when it comes over? Should meet up so you can give me some scale driving tips sometime. Winch fitted and lights are working. Wahoo

Yup, hotel already booked for the G6 in June :thumbsup:  You should come along to a London Scale Trail Runners meet if you want driving tips - Many folks there with a lot more experience than me. Next one is on Sunday 28th February in Oxshott -> http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81486

Edited by 4WheelRC

• 4 months later...

Just an update guys the off road club wont be coming back to the MOD land.  After all the battles Tris had with them ruining our track finally people can go there and rebuild and not worry on that part.   I was looking to do an off road motorbike day there with a mate that's now I found out.

I still have my 8T needs some work but atmo I am focusing on motorbike's.  I'd just thought I would let people know.  Hope everone is well.  Take care

• Like 1