• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

Glad you and son are enjoying the Lunchy they are pretty fun trucks 🍻

in the last picture it looks like you have a tie rod vertically in centre and 2 others at an angle to shock mounts ?

lot of folks put a 5th shock in that centre position :thumbsup:

• Like 1

My son and I still running stock can at moment and tbh dont know if we will upgrade motors at later date as where we run ours (back garden mostly) standard can is just about perfect  although we run ours on 2s 4000mah lipos which gives them an extra kick in performance 🍻

• Thanks 1

yeh my son did same with his Lunchy and were using waterproof servo's and i think same or similar esc your using we also put the recievers in little tupperware style containers about 2" square to make em water resistant so an all weather rc truck cmon snow lol 🍻

After watching the wheelie bar attempting to have close relations with the gearbox, we decided that a brace was in order.  A spare tie rod and some bits and bobs later and we are quite pleased. Just need to find a better solution to the bearing that is currently on there - couple of wheels me thinks. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Lunchbox thread.

I've got one pre-ordered for my daughter for Christmas this year as no where seems to have them at the moment, I have got some upgrade parts already ordered - Fastrax shocks / Bearing kit / Ampro chassis brace instead of 5th shock / Pink Paint and customised sticker set.

Question about motors though, I use Hobbywing gear in my Revo and Jato, and have plenty of 3s batteries kicking around,

1. Am I mad for thinking about getting another Hobbywing MAX 10 combo with 3300kv brushless motor to run in it instead of the stock brushed setup?.
  2. Then to help her out in learning to drive, i'll just trim the throttle on the controller so she doesn't get 100% to start of with, then I can start allowing more as she learns?

This helps me out as all batteries will have the same connector and I don't have to buy anymore, I can use my existing chargers so can just charge a bunch and go without having to keep swapping programs, and the brushless motors are within reason maintenaince free, I don't think i've owned an RC car with a brushed motor either!

Any other ideas are welcome along with other quality of life improvements for it?

Cheers.

in all honesty i think a 3s set up in the Lunchy/Pumpkin is going to be a tad over the top 🍻

My Pumpkin on 2s with standard motor its just couple posts further up 

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

in all honesty i think a 3s set up in the Lunchy/Pumpkin is going to be a tad over the top 🍻

My Pumpkin on 2s with standard motor its just couple posts further up 

Haha, that thing looks like endless fun! And seems like it has plenty of punch for that short wheelbase just running a 2s. 3s will be quite uncontrollable i'm sure 😋

Edited by James RC
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bloody Typical said:

That looks like it has plenty of grunt. 😀

So was that done with the ESC that comes in the box and does it have low voltage cut off as well? - if it does then thats the way to go I think.

Its a Qicrun 1060 brushed esc but it is stock motor and they do go quite well with that . i think 3s would tear it apart to be honest

the biggest 2s lipo we found that fits without moddding is the 4000 mah gens ace :thumbsup:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/gens-ace-lipo-2s-pack-7-4v-4000-50c-deans-plug/rc-car-products/444355

link to esc 🍻

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-brushed-waterproof-esc-sbec/rc-car-products/404964

Edited by Stormbringer

16 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Its a Qicrun 1060 brushed esc but it is stock motor and they do go quite well with that . i think 3s would tear it apart to be honest

the biggest 2s lipo we found that fits without moddding is the 4000 mah gens ace :thumbsup:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/gens-ace-lipo-2s-pack-7-4v-4000-50c-deans-plug/rc-car-products/444355

link to esc 🍻

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-brushed-waterproof-esc-sbec/rc-car-products/404964

Thats great, thanks for the links :)

I'll make sure to upload some pictures of it once it's painted and built

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...