• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Lunchbox Build

n_d_fox

Are the CRP arms a direct replacement for the originals ? Talk to my grand master Flash... ;)

Dont forget the progress pics of your build too :D

The arm's have to be cut down abit then you got to make longer linkages that's about it.... its easier then it looks have you fitted it yet flash... :)

The little clip parts which press in above the spring add preload. This doesn't adjust the stiffness of the spring, just the amount of weight before the spring comes into affect. Add in one of the fat clips which will allow the suspension to sit flatter before it starts to sag.

In that case i must have faulty shocks... i have almost all of the clips inserted to the shocks and they still sag... :(

Think i'll strip them off and make sure they are oiled up properly...

The arm's have to be cut down abit then you got to make longer linkages that's about it.... its easier then it looks have you fitted it yet flash... :)

I'll keep an eye out for a set then... at the moment they can go on the wish list as i want a few others bits first ;)

Edited by n_d_fox

who me, ive been busy lately with life and stuff, mine are half fitted i have the screw type axels but need a set with the bar and grub screw in the back to fit them properly and some turnbuckles as i have run out of bits in my spares box, yep 4-5mm has to come off the length of the arm on one endso it site in the holes

Mr fox you can have them for what thay cost me there new in the packet, PM me

on other news i cracked my windscreen modding it to fit the shell last night, also got to flat back the last coat of clear as its go patchy/flat in strips, the cause was my reg stuck on my compressor = to much air

Lol whats going on there mite put mine on mite get 7k LOL ;)

Edited by jason3249

Lol whats going on there mite put mine on mite get 7k LOL ;)

Hah, not a chance... your's is way too nice for people to realise. You'd need to re-hand brush paint it as an A-Team van or something and put the stock shocks etc back on there to get anywhere near that kinda value for it :P

Hah, not a chance... your's is way too nice for people to realise. You'd need to re-hand brush paint it as an A-Team van or something and put the stock shocks etc back on there to get anywhere near that kinda value for it

thanks m8.......... cant believe that price what is up with people can have a shell dun like that for

How much !?!?... seems the LB is getting more and more popular... i think someone wanted a Mystery Machine for their daughter or something and got into a bidding war :P

In other news... Spot the difference ;)

DSCF2044.jpg

DSCF2072.jpg

Decision made too... A JunFac rear brace and RadShape front bumper will be finding their way onto this thing soon...

Still not made my mind up on the motor though... its a flip up between a Super Stock RZ (think thats what its called) which is 23T and will work with the current Tamiya ESC or a Etroniks sport tuned 19T with a HPI ESC. Total price for both options is the same, or there abouts... its whether another "budget" motor and new ESC is a better option than a more expensive motor... thoughts?

Cheers, Nige

• Like 1

Nice ;)

Took the LB out for another run / bash today... to the local skate park... had a blast and got some decent run time in too... easy 30 minutes of solid full power running and then another 20 minutes of 80% full power before there was a obvious drop off.

Skate park was fun though... got some nice air off the top of some of the ramps and surprisingly didnt crash the van once on the decent... did manage to flip it over a few times though and have introduced a lot more scuff and missing paint along the front corners and sides of the roof... all good fun though :D

Also managed to scuff the rim of one of the new rear wheels which is a shame but had to happen eventually...

Cheers, Nige

Glad to hear you're out there enjoying it.

I ended up getting a firestorm instead of a LB. it arrived today.

I may still go down the red bull route since it will be different.

Kaine

If you need some Red Bull stickers just let me know... the original set i ordered from Japan eventually arrived the other day but as i have no patience i got some from a UK seller too.

Basically i have a complete set of the formula drift Red Bull decals, the same as the ones i used on my LB. They are untouched and in the packaging still. You can have them for what i paid which was less than the UK prices, just let me know if you're interested.

Cheers, Nige

I used the mad Mike ones Chris but the set i ordered from Japan took over a month to come through and i thought they had mugged me on them to be honest... i ended up getting a set from ModelSports shop and using those... the set i ordered from Japan then turned up Friday last week and i now dont have a need for them.

Kaine - just replied to the PM ;)

• 10 months later...

what type of glue do you use on your wheels?

Try a thin Ca glue,available from any model shop or hobby store,peel the tyre back slightly on the bead and allow the glue to flow round the rim then let it set over night.