• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Large Scale 1/5 Scale

onroad_mania

Let me think now ...

Losi release a 5T or is that 5ive ... shortcourse truck, and it sells well.

HPI drop the 5T in favour of the 5SC ....

I wonder if Associated will produce something different or jump on what appears to be a popular and lucrative band-wagon.... As long as the largescale SC is selling well in the US, than that's the logical startpoint.

Of course....it would be miles better if they came out with a 5th scale truggy/buggy chassis. RC5B / RC5T would be great, but I suspect it will be SC5 initially in petrol, but with a brushless one following shortly.

• Like 1

Knowing Associated it will be a 5ive competitor. They view Losi as their main marketplace rival and tend to try to respond to most things they do.

If not, it will be a buggy in the MCD/FG style - 4wd and racing focused.

Most likely it will be a bit of both - a 1/5th SCT but a proper 1/5th racer underneath.

• 1 month later...

Take a listen to the newest postcast from The Driver Stand. Craig talks about the industry in general and where things are going and where he would like to see them end up. He tells you about his phone call to Team Associated and what happened when he asked them point blank about the possibility of an Associated 1/5 Large Scale truck, car, buggy or whatever. LSN talked about the possibility of a large scale buggy or truck from Associated in the PAST and have heard positive and negative responses from it. I don

• 3 weeks later...