• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spektrum Dx3C? (are they good?)

olixmb4x

hi all, im thinking of getting a new radio because my current one seems to have poor range / looses signal too often, which is costing me when racing - (often just have to pull out of the race in fear of crashing into somebody uncontrollably)

so i have been offered a Dx3C, a lot of the guys i race with use spekky but the dx3r and dx3s which are rather pricey for me.

just wondering are they any good, and will i end up experiencing similar range problems,

what other radio should i consider, max

i have the dx3s and just upgraded my lads dx3e to the dx3c, i must say, i find it to have better uses than the 3s, its got a quality feel to it too, the only downside i can think of is the receivers are pricey at

I've just done a 'write-up' of sorts on this exact radio set, in the petrol forum: Repeating it here, seeing as you've asked precisely about the worthwhileness of the upgrade, and issues over range, etc:

RADIO SET UPGRADE - FEEDBACK! Okay - so just got the Spektrum DX3C, which comes with their SR300 receiver. In a word, and fully justified - FANTASTIC!! It's completely transformed the vehicle overall - and that's not just me overusing a clich

dx3c is a good radio for the money plenty of options inc servo limit what i have found useful the sd card slot looks intersting too

the sr200 recievers work well there DMS not DSM 2 but the dx3c is backwards compatible, hobbyking do compaitable rx's for $8

i picked up a brand new sr200 off ebay for

Edited by flash22

flash, do you have a link for those compatible receivers??

i had the mr3000 receiver, it has twin throttle and steering outputs too, great for a multi axle build like a 8x8. nice and small too. :thumbsup:

i'd also love a link to some compatible receivers. all I've ever managed to find are air ones and i'm not sure they'll work with the dx3c.

wayne

I keep looking at the dx3s v2, it's the upgraded version that tells you your speed, temp and rpm has more gadjets like top speed ect

It's double the price which why in thinking of just glib for the cheaper one, either way it will still be an awesome tx

I keep looking at the dx3s v2, it's the upgraded version that tells you your speed, temp and rpm has more gadjets like top speed ect

i wouldn`t use that as a selling point mate, i have that set-up, used it in a scrt10 and apparently i did 87mph with a 10.5t brushless set-up on 2s, the only one that is accurate on the spektrum telemetry is the temp gauge, within 1/2 degree.

if its the telemetry thats swaying you toward the 3s, dont bother, go for the 3c, :thumbsup:

i have a dx3c and it is good range wise and good comfort wise the only problem with it is that it does not have a charging port, and the telemetry on the dx3s is over rated, dad has one :)