• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What do you do for work?

Carl160180

Sitting here borad and just wondered what everyone does for their day job?

I'm a Mechanic and have been in the motor trade since leaving school (1996)

So what brings the pennies in for you?

Still in College, but Saturday and Sunday i work in a large music shop in Manchester, my other pass time is drumming so a job where i deal with and sell drums is sweet as :)

Dom

Mot tester and motor mechanic. 3 Yrs City & Guilds in Motor Technology and 3 yrs City & Guild in Engineering. Been diong it all for 20 years now.

• Like 1

i currently do a part time tattooin apprenticeship, i managed to get it due to tattooist being a good friend of the family...

Other than that. i spend alot of time doing plastering and general DIY work self employed...

Packing and distribution for Bezier. They make the signs in Boots, Halfords, Argos, Currys, PC World, Homebase, Poundland, Thorntons and some other places. Not a bad job to be honest.

Lee.

In still at school but on saturday I work with my dad, plant hire

I spent 3 month as a plant fitter when I was out of work and fancied a bit of a change, LOVED it!! Mainly loved driveing the big 360's and the massive 6 wheeler dumper trucks ;) Mind the first dumper I drove had a problem with the air brakes so had a kind of brown trouser moment LOL

I run two businesses and also contract for a Refrigeration/Air Conditioning/Electrical Wholesaler as the Web and IT Tech.

Its not all as good as it sounds, but has its perks.

Edited by RCSimon

I'm a tyre engineer working for Bridgestone Uk. Can be quite an interesting job, although it can sometimes be boring as hell! I was also bass guitarist in a band, but not really got time for a band at the moment.

Im currently in school, away to go into my last year but i currently work in a restaurant cleanign dishes to get some money. I know. Glamarous.. Although there is a new karting place opening up 2 mins down the road from me in a month, so hoping to get a job there. Would be perfect. Combining a hobby and getting paid for it :D

i worked in a tool hire shop as a small tools fitter and did my apprenticeship there then i left there and got a job rebuilding automatic gearboxes for buses and for the last 6 months i been working as a service engineer on trains.

Always wanted to pull an autobox apart and see how they work but Our gaffer doesnt like messing with autoboxes so never get the chance to mess about with an old box :(

Commercial fridge fitter, When you go to Tesco's, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, A BP garage, Any place like that, I'm the bloke that puts in them big fridges that you get your milk,Ice cream,Butter and all them sort of things from.

Pretty good job really, I get paid for a flat 40 hours a week weather I work or not,(Still get overtime) Things are a bit slow at the moment so only doing 3 or 4 days a week, But when it get's busy, Which it will, On a new store build I could work for a straight 40 hours with no sleep, Also they like there fridges to go in on weekends, So I don't see many of them, Swings and roundabouts.

Vehicle package engineer at Jaguar Land Rover.... and no that doesnt have anything to do with rolls of bubble wrap and big cardboard boxes

Supermarket cashier/Customer service/supervisor you name, probably me

But also a mechanic in training and want to start doing the odd job on the side too!

Ziggy