• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

2 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Hi  this is a vantage   yea   hows this off road or is it just for road   ifnits not vantage  what car is it again   again hows it off road if it goes off road   cheers 

Yes it's FTX Vantage buggy but I am only running it on road for speed runs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

Yes it's FTX Vantage buggy but I am only running it on road for speed runs

Hi cheers   I guessed so as I have the same size motor and (carnage ) and wont work on grass as i went down the size pinions and you gone up so i thought (hoped I'd gone the wrong way ) and it wont work on grass so iv stripped the brushless set up out and binned it . So my carnage is not brushed again  . 

Dam and blast out in the woods today having a bash with my outlaw finally getting it going  and what happends   somenone left a tree lying around  and decided to hump my shock  well it had a shock . 

16190130077654146308471176222883.jpg

16190130341696730126750473236181.jpg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Iain .R said:

Dam and blast out in the woods today having a bash with my outlaw finally getting it going  and what happends   somenone left a tree lying around  and decided to hump my shock  well it had a shock . 

16190130077654146308471176222883.jpg

16190130341696730126750473236181.jpg

Please keep on topic, this isn’t an outlaw thread! 😜😆

You aren’t having the best of luck with your cars 😞. Is it just the shock that has been damaged? Looks worse than it is?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ant.p said:

Please keep on topic, this isn’t an outlaw thread! 😜😆

You aren’t having the best of luck with your cars 😞. Is it just the shock that has been damaged? Looks worse than it is?

Sorry wrong thread   lol  no it's worse.   Shock. body . Roll cage . All damaged.  

Well it's the 1st crash iv had in a bit so not too bad . 

Iv got one outlaw back to 21T brushed  standard 

The other (crashed one )  got a brushless set up on it which iv now repaired the bust shock and I'm out with it again as I got a full lipo to use as I dont have a decharger yet (not till friday birthday prezzie lol ) 

So if got zorro wheels on it with 17T pinion and its only cogs a wee bit on grass too so getting happy .

Then back on topic my carnage  it was brushless not it's back to brushed and brusless set up in the recycle bin 

As I went all thro the pinions and spurs and still would not work on any grass at all . 

So its back to brushed  65T alloy spur 17T pinion  and its goes anywhere now  lol  so I'm off for a bash see you in a bit . 

Hopefully damage free . (No trees here )  

16 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

Well it's the 1st crash iv had in a bit so not too bad . 

Iv got one outlaw back to 21T brushed  standard 

The other (crashed one )  got a brushless set up on it which iv now repaired the bust shock and I'm out with it again as I got a full lipo to use as I dont have a decharger yet (not till friday birthday prezzie lol ) 

So if got zorro wheels on it with 17T pinion and its only cogs a wee bit on grass too so getting happy .

Then back on topic my carnage  it was brushless not it's back to brushed and brusless set up in the recycle bin 

As I went all thro the pinions and spurs and still would not work on any grass at all . 

So its back to brushed  65T alloy spur 17T pinion  and its goes anywhere now  lol  so I'm off for a bash see you in a bit . 

Hopefully damage free . (No trees here )  

Still not the outlaw thread, please discuss your outlaw there as i would like to note 21t is not stock outlaw gearing its 17t and 21t would cause you massive issues if your running on stock outlaw wheels.
Anyway please post in the correct thread so we can continue the discussion correctly cheers mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well  just used up my lipo  so that's it till friday or sat  but I had my carnage on Nhim  batts standard spur and pinion  and I have too say it was a bit slow after running   ssssshhhhhhh on lipos . Mmmm 

I think I'm going to have to change it to lipos brushless 

I'll ask the mrs for my birthday prezzie  a hobbywing set up ..

You all happy now I'm going hobbywing  yeaa yeaa   happy   I finally caved 

Lol . 

So I think one or two said  max 10 or somthing  . 

Now what pinions and spur gear will I need to run the FTX carnage on hobbywing set up 

As I dont want to buy this and have to try and find spur and pinions that make it work . And its got to be able to run on grass    (not weed ) lol  lipos  cheers  for the help . 

Found an abandoned quarry near me which is mostly gravel and loose dirt and omg the car is an absolute blast. There's a few small jumps and just blasting around with it is so much fun and I thinks it's got just the right amount of power for the area. I've been using the car mainly on grass and hard mud before and it wasn't that great getting about 20mins a battery but the quarry is my new favourite spot, getting around 40mins a battery now. It's nice and secluded in the middle of nowhere so I'm not getting on anyone's nerves or getting it eaten by dogs either.

The only downside is I can't drive my actual car to it coz the road up to it looks like a battlefield and my car's pretty low 😆 it's about 2 miles away and an absolute killer getting to it on a push bike when you haven't ridden for over 2 years, at least it will get me a bit fitter haha 😂🤣😂

Thanks for all the help guys it really is invaluable.

If anyone wants those diff cups linked above, if you message him he can get them special ordered but take 10-14 days

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Well  just used up my lipo  so that's it till friday or sat  but I had my carnage on Nhim  batts standard spur and pinion  and I have too say it was a bit slow after running   ssssshhhhhhh on lipos . Mmmm 

I think I'm going to have to change it to lipos brushless 

I'll ask the mrs for my birthday prezzie  a hobbywing set up ..

You all happy now I'm going hobbywing  yeaa yeaa   happy   I finally caved 

Lol . 

So I think one or two said  max 10 or somthing  . 

Now what pinions and spur gear will I need to run the FTX carnage on hobbywing set up 

As I dont want to buy this and have to try and find spur and pinions that make it work . And its got to be able to run on grass    (not weed ) lol  lipos  cheers  for the help . 

I got the hobbywing max10 combo with 3300kv motor and this pinion and spur as recommended by @Jens https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTX-Carnage-Bugsta-32DP-Hard-Steel-Spur-kit-/264098799917?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjwmv-DBhAMEiwA7xYrd0kz1qQYobg7z9Fe8jwloiIqlbFZc-rA-Vm3ZPrab8DlZ9R45WRimBoCsR8QAvD_BwE

You'll need hardened steel pinions with that spur as it's savage, extremely well made and will rip straight through a normal one 😄

Really happy with it now it's a little beast for what it is, I've not gps'd it but I'd say it does around 30mph on grass and probably 35 on road. Just using mine on gravel now and it's fantastic, you can change the punch setting on the hobbywing esc as well, I use 2 for what I'm doing with it, you'll need a wheelie bar for anything above that no matter what terrain you're using it on, it's great!

Edited by Scottyb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scottyb said:

I got the hobbywing max10 combo with 3300kv motor and this pinion and spur as recommended by @Jens https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTX-Carnage-Bugsta-32DP-Hard-Steel-Spur-kit-/264098799917?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjwmv-DBhAMEiwA7xYrd0kz1qQYobg7z9Fe8jwloiIqlbFZc-rA-Vm3ZPrab8DlZ9R45WRimBoCsR8QAvD_BwE

You'll need hardened steel pinions with that spur as it's savage, extremely well made and will rip straight through a normal one 😄

Really happy with it now it's a little beast for what it is, I've not gps'd it but I'd say it does around 30mph on grass and probably 35 on road. Just using mine on gravel now and it's fantastic, you can change the punch setting on the hobbywing esc as well, I use 2 for what I'm doing with it, you'll need a wheelie bar for anything above that no matter what terrain you're using it on, it's great!

I am happy your are having great fun with that setup.

Looking back the past few weeks I think our Carnages/Bugstas/Vantages turned into real fun machines.

No more hiding from the Traxxas', Arrma's & Losi's out there!!!

( Apart from the constant repairing  )

That said, we haven't touched our cars since Easter.

My Rustler's motor went bust and those Velineon ones cost as much as a Carnage 2.0 brushed.

Luckily it's rebuild-able. Getting the parts though will take some time.

And my son has no mood to bash alone.

On top, my work doesn't allow much free time these days. It's getting really too much...

On 24/04/2012 at 22:35, Ian S said:

Hi

got FTX Vantage brushless and just wonder if its worth putting sway bars on

and will they stop it rolling over if i take corner to fast on carpet

Yes m8 indeed do so I just got a vantage brushless and put sway bars on it and a stronger servo and what a difference it makes 😁😁

Edited by Wltoys 12402-a

Hi people not long got my ftx vantage brushless and just had it out for first run and woo it is a lovely buggy to drive !!!Only upgraded servo and hexs and sway bars.Should I  keep it on 2s or try 3s just wondering will 3s be to much for standard spur gear?‽?

Edited by Wltoys 12402-a

3 hours ago, Wltoys 12402-a said:

Yes m8 indeed do so I just got a vantage brushless and put sway bars on it and a stronger servo and what a difference it makes 😁😁

I've done exactly the same on mine, the difference was amazing. Strange thing is I've also got a new wing that I've cut out, need to spray and put on. It's not the same wing as yours though. I'll get some pics up soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gtiracer said:

I've done exactly the same on mine, the difference was amazing. Strange thing is I've also got a new wing that I've cut out, need to spray and put on. It's not the same wing as yours though. I'll get some pics up soon

I am loving it at the mo it holds the road like a dream just trying to find some road tyres for it now 

19 minutes ago, Scottyb said:

One of my batteries has a dead cell, not impressed, had it less than a month, not even used it 10 times yet and they are out of flippin stock on amazon so they can't replace it 😡🤬🤬

Pants    when will it be in stock     may the 4th   that's a popular date  lol .  Well ftx it is . 

Do you have to send it back or bin it .

What one was it . 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Pants    when will it be in stock     may the 4th   that's a popular date  lol .  Well ftx it is . 

Do you have to send it back or bin it .

What one was it . 

I bought a double pack off Amazon just waiting for them to get back to me, will probably have to send them both back 😔 Had it on charge for 7 hours now but won't go over 85% on a balance charge. Cell one is sat at 3.8v and not budging and the other cell is charged at 4.2v.

I'm wondering if the 6200 ones will be the same size as everywhere I look they have the same dimensions as the 5200 so may just replace them with 6200 when I get my refund.

I suppose if they don't fit flat I can stand them on the side and put a velcro wrap in or something to hold them in

10 hours ago, Scottyb said:

I bought a double pack off Amazon just waiting for them to get back to me, will probably have to send them both back 😔 Had it on charge for 7 hours now but won't go over 85% on a balance charge. Cell one is sat at 3.8v and not budging and the other cell is charged at 4.2v.

I'm wondering if the 6200 ones will be the same size as everywhere I look they have the same dimensions as the 5200 so may just replace them with 6200 when I get my refund.

I suppose if they don't fit flat I can stand them on the side and put a velcro wrap in or something to hold them in

Hi it's just iv had two lots off Amazon and incase one does the same  1st two pack are roaringtop 2and pair are goldbat  .

Cheers