• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

I'm thinking of grabbing one of these, less than a tenner delivered last time I checked.

http://t-bone-racing...-C111-p393.html

That likely would solve the problem X-)

I love the T-Bone bumper on my SCRT10, will probable get one for my Hyper too.

had a crappy batt tray on one side and butchered the other(need new ones)

am running a 2650 cc in there and it really zips along on 16/52 gearing

the grinder tyre's are fantastic on all surfaces that i have been on

oh and i've gone back to 20mm axle extenders instead of 30mm because i had my first breakage(steering rod end)

cheer

andy

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Better just update on a post I made.

I wouldnt use the diff gaskets. I think it caused the premature oblitateration of my front diff.

DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Gonna get some green slime and lob it all over the o-rings instead.

Ps. Nice colour scheme tomgsi :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is the .28 in the hyper st rtr any good keep hearing bad things about them.

But really like the truck.

touch and go mate, you could drop on a good one, or you could get a dodgy one, but all the dodgy ones i read about seem to revolve around airleaks so aslong as you seal it yourself you should have no problems

Thanks mate. I shall make sure I have a tube of sealent an empty table and a few beers lol.

Also send the wife and kids to the mother in laws.

Edited by Darren81

Hi guys....

Use to have a ST rtr converted to Pro....now...it si only a ST roller waiting for a brushless modification. Still don't know if I'm going to install the motor at the front or at the back of the diferential..

Already have the esc (150A) a 2000kv motor and a 2200kv motor on it's way....

gearing: 16/52

Kv: 2000

Batteries: Pending (for now 2x2S 5200mah 50C)

Would like to know (for those that are running brushless):

1) gearing that you are using

2) Motor Kv

3) batteries that you are using

4) If you remember wt of the shocks and wt of the dif (fcr)

Thanks!!!

P.S. the spider dif makes any diference??

1) 19/48 gearing

2) 2150kv leopard 4074 4 pole w/ ceramic bearings

3) Zippy flightmax 5000mah 40C 4S

4) Diffs - 60k-F 100k-C 10k-R

Shocks - 30wt with 5mm preload all round

Edited by nosmonkey

1) 15/46 gearing

2) Castle Creations Nue1515 (40mm Diameter minus fins 74mm Length) 2200KV 4 Poles

3) Haiyin Truely Rated 5S 5000Mah 30C

4) Diffs 5K-F 60K-C 3K-R

Shocks Still fighting with these, They are 50WT all round, on stock gray sping Hyper ST shocks 12mm Preload Front 100m Preload Rear , Dampening is a Bit stiff though, Over rough ground the Wheels don't go down fast enough between bumps to contact the ground enough, Resulting In poorer steering over rutted ground.

Strangely It still Slaps the Chassis From dropping it a Mere 4 Foot despite the thick oil. Might Change The Shocks To Hong Nor Big Bores At some Point.

Spider Diffs do make a difference. More durable and hard wearing Due to there being 6 Spider gears in a circle between the Crown gears at either end of the diff rather than the usual 4. Good thing for brushless Conversions

Also Diff Oil has a Stronger effect. Whatever Weight Of Oil you Put in Is Effectively A Third More In WT

Say You Put 6000wt in a Spider its effectively equivilent to 9000wt

So if your looking to get the Effect of 3000WT in a Normal Diff. Put 2000 In Your Spider Diff.

On A Side Note, Always Put Associated Green Slime On the Orings Of Your Diffs/Shocks. Stops Leaking Dead.

Edited by GorillaZilla

Hobbywing 150a esc

2000kv Leopard 4274 motor

16/46 gearing (getting a 17t mod 1 pinion in the next few days)

Currently using 5000mah 4s lipos 20c (not ideal but so far so good - got some 5800mah 4s 30c on the way from hobbyking)

Shocks are hobao 20mm big bores with hong nor stiff springs (blue ones)

55wt front & rear. May go up to 60wt. Shocks bottom out so might try to find stiffer springs

Diffs -

front 7k (or 10k, seriously cant remember)

Centre 20k

Rear 5k maybe 7k - again, another late night tinker so cannot remember. Changing the internal gears on the rear diff anyway, so will stick in some 7k this time :)

Hi guys.... Use to have a ST rtr converted to Pro....now...it si only a ST roller waiting for a brushless modification. Still don't know if I'm going to install the motor at the front or at the back of the diferential.. Already have the esc (150A) a 2000kv motor and a 2200kv motor on it's way.... gearing: 16/52 Kv: 2000 Batteries: Pending (for now 2x2S 5200mah 50C) Would like to know (for those that are running brushless): 1) gearing that you are using 2) Motor Kv 3) batteries that you are using 4) If you remember wt of the shocks and wt of the dif (fcr) Thanks!!! P.S. the spider dif makes any diference??

hey guys

Ive just converted m Hyper st to brushless, am in the process of converting it to a pro version, but I have no idea what parts to buy to get convert it??

from pictures Ive seen of the pro version, I managed to order the CNC front plate, front and rear shock towers and body mounts.

Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

Hyper ST RTR is pretty dang good as it is, Only things really worth upgrading is The cast Steering Knuckles to CNC versions.

And the Chassis Braces can fail sometimes....

Imo don't worry about upgrading to Pro. Just upgrade parts to their Pro Equivilents as and when they break.

Heres a link to a Post where I link off to most of the Pro parts when I was being Anal about How "Pro" a Hyper ST was once.......

http://www.msuk-foru...ost__p__1319415

Have to add these to the list though, as they were one of the few parts that were pro on the ST that was for sale.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20bdfa60b9

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item230efdd82c

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35bb880d4d

And a Pro Bodyshell.

Edited by GorillaZilla

• 2 weeks later...

Guys...got a question...

I'm almost done with my ST brushless conversion....but I found a problem...The rear drive shafts are bend...Its not critical to change them but would be a wish list priority....

I would like to change them for something strong...what brand/model do you recomend...also got one central driveshatf bend...the rear one...

What do you recomend?

Thanks!

Seeing the side view if that hyper st has reminded me - i've got an rtr rear lower arm holder instead of a cnc one on my st. Time for ebay...

That vid was nuts by the lol, all I could think as the Hyper flew through the air was , how much

• 2 weeks later...

Hopfully il be joining the hyper st club.

Should have the funds tomorrow to order a st pro.

And in the next few days all the other bits looking to put in a lrp zr32 with A hong nor 3016 pipe.

Was thinking of getting a 16 or 17t clutch bell for it.

Any advice or odds and sods for it are very welcome.

By the way its a basher.

Edited by Darren81