• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

10 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

I think your motor might say "stuff that" :lol:

IMG_20161222_160510_zps1pauoabr.jpg

I'd hope my 4282 2000kv motor would be up to it (at least for awhile..) But I think the pinion and diffs would explode, possibly the ESC and lipo as well

Lol!!!!

Yeah - I should sell these before it kills my truggy 

I've gone back to narrower width 3.8" wheels on my truggy. Didn't like the temps with my 4082 1600 6s jobbie even with the yeah racing twin fan thingy. My others weren't as big as yours but grass is a car killer anyway so that was a bust :rolleyes:

Keeping them in case I get the funds for a MT, even then I still reckon I'd need to go with a 2 spd box.

2 hours ago, MAZ said:

Obviously I'll see what they look like when they're on but I can tell they'll be far too big for a truggy. Shame really because they look and feel fantastic 

You wanting to sell them on??

What diameter, hex size, shaft hole size are they???

I'm looking for a new set of wheels and tyres

Edited by Fly In My Soup

18 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

You wanting to sell them on??

What diameter, hex size, shaft hole size are they???

I'm looking for a new set of wheels and tyres

Hiya, I literally just picked these up today lol

What RC have you got?

They're 17mm hex 

1/2 offset

I'll get some more measurements up soon :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

im looking at buying a 1/8th truggy soon, I've been looking at the hpi trophy truggy but the hobao cars are bullet proof so I'd rather one of these,

ive been looking on modelsport an see there also a hyper ss truggy, is it a "new" version or is it made to go along side the ST?

also I'm looking at nitro.

1 hour ago, jjh23 said:

Hi guys,

im looking at buying a 1/8th truggy soon, I've been looking at the hpi trophy truggy but the hobao cars are bullet proof so I'd rather one of these,

ive been looking on modelsport an see there also a hyper ss truggy, is it a "new" version or is it made to go along side the ST?

also I'm looking at nitro.

I`d personally go for the st or pro version over the ss....:yes:..I`ve had both version st`s.. albeit brushless ones....I       jus sold me pro roller tonight actually...

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 15:53, MAZ said:

Bloody hell they're huuuuge!

IMG_20161222_154654_zpssqaiyzy5.jpg

IMG_20161222_154452_zps78femvsj.jpg

I think they look cool but too big for a truggy!

they really do look awesome mate! im looking int getting the 3.8 trenchers on desp. but was thinking if those would look better on my savage :D

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

they really do look awesome mate! im looking int getting the 3.8 trenchers on desp. but was thinking if those would look better on my savage :D

If your interested in the wheels I've got then I can get some measurements for you? I was gonna sell them on eBay or on  here at some point anyway. 

1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

Heads up guys, you meay have read many many pages back re a group buy of uncut clear truggy shells for the Hyper ST - go check the For Sale section as there's now some in there.

So gutted as I literally got one of those shells just after Christmas!! 

They fit the ST really well (even with the mugen side guards) 

Well annoying having to trim the shell though, there again I've never done that before lol

6 minutes ago, MAZ said:

If your interested in the wheels I've got then I can get some measurements for you? I was gonna sell them on eBay or on  here at some point anyway. 

So gutted as I literally got one of those shells just after Christmas!! 

They fit the ST really well (even with the mugen side guards) 

Well annoying having to trim the shell though, there again I've never done that before lol

got a link i can have a look properly please?

Not an st owner (yet). Am torn between getting the pro or something else possibly a buggy. Swaying to the st pro. I have bought myself an Lrp zr30 spec 4 engine and Hong nor pi-810 pipe. Anyone any experience with this combo or am I better off with the included pipe in pro kit?

my hyper .21 engine in the 7 went better with stock pipe over the jp3 or 4. (Few years ago?)

Also if I buy the kit those shocks won't go on it. Any suggestions on a nice set that fit nicely?

2 minutes ago, Randum said:

Not an st owner (yet). Am torn between getting the pro or something else possibly a buggy. Swaying to the st pro. I have bought myself an Lrp zr30 spec 4 engine and Hong nor pi-810 pipe. Anyone any experience with this combo or am I better off with the included pipe in pro kit?

my hyper .21 engine in the 7 went better with stock pipe over the jp3 or 4. (Few years ago?)

Also if I buy the kit those shocks won't go on it. Any suggestions on a nice set that fit nicely?

Personally I'd go for a truggy over a buggy as its more versatile :)

I thought the ST pro kit was just a roller? I could be wrong as I've never bought one new lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8th-RC-Rallycross-Buggy-Aluminium-Big-Bore-Shock-Absorber-Set-Of-4-Shocks-/322387966037?hash=item4b0fd1f855:g:22MAAOSwmLlX26yx - I think they're the shocks my brother got for his ST awhile ago. I'll try to find out :)

ah haven't heard about this I have a 6.0v 1600mah Nimh Receiver Pack coming for mine hopefully today so hope it fits ok. 

How do you guys hold your battery packs in? looking ahead in the manual and doesnt seem to be that much holding it in?

Edited by Rustypeb89