• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya The Hornet Jun Watanabe edition

Garry

very erm ... bright, was there a knock off version similar to the hornet ? my brother had something that looked similar that ran on AA batteries and had a switch on the gears for high/low speeds

More than likely, back in the late 80s, Academy and Mauri had designs which were "heavily inspired" by Tamiya cars :lol:

You would be happy to be seen with this????????????????? :protest:

Wouldn't bother me TBH. I'm at that age where I'm not really bothered what people think.

It's a fun looking little car. I'd put a 5.5t brushless and 4s in it and turn it into a sleeper car.

SERIOUSLY!? Who in there right mind would put something like this up for sale?

Now I'm no expert, but I think it's gonna be a flop.

Although it pains me I kind of agree.

I love this little model but I wouldn't buy it, I would buy the original...

And this like all the other tamiya products will be priced out of the market which is a real shame :(

SERIOUSLY!? :yucky: Who in there right mind would put something like this up for sale?

Now I'm no expert, but I think it's gonna be a flop. :whistling:

Its not a worldwide mass produced general sale item. Its a very low-run limited edition to celebrate the achievements of a Japanese fashion designer. Its a bit like HPI teaming up with Ted Baker, Losi doing a deal with Jasper Conran etc. It'll have a huge price tag and they'll sell the lot even before it goes on sale as its....

A. Limited Edition

B. Tamiya

C. Awesome

If anyone wants to know who Jun Watanabe is, clicky: http://en.wikipedia..../Junya_Watanabe

• Like 1