• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick owners club?

Ninja-Gaz

just wondering how many of you own a maverick? i got my xt delivered yesterday and so far it seems fantastic! ive noticed the HPI logo on the manua,l battery etc. but i cant find out if hpi manufacture them?

gaz

I bought a Maverick today (Truggy), woo! My first car but I do have a concern. I slowly drove it up and down the room just to set the controller up etc and the front right wheel is... wonky? It doesnt roll straight like the rest. I tightened the nut that holds it on but that seemed to have no effect. The battery is on its first proper charge right now but should I be worried? How would I set about making it right?

The way I understand it is that HSP make the models and then sold around the world 'Rebadged' under different names. In the UK they are sold by HPI as Mavrick, in the US they are sold as Redcat. by they are all basically the same.

I have a Vader XB in bits in front of me at the moment to see how well they are put together, but feel a bit of a novice with this brushless stuff as i've never dealt with them before, oh well, never to old to learn some thing new!

Sprig.

great to see quite a few members have "Maverick's) second run today it seems like a quality truggy! :) i think we need pictures and video's of these

gaz

Yo all!

Newbie here and have just got a Strada XB Evo- already broken the front bumper in a place which means I need to replace the whole chassis and not just the front bumper! It was after many fast crashes learning to control the car!

Anyway now I think I've mastered the controls I want to go brushless and was initially confused but am now getting there on the specs of brushless motors. The one offered for this model is-

http://www.wheelspin....co.uk/i/97422/ and the ESC is http://www.wheelspin....co.uk/i/97449/

Now I understand the KV in motor but does the 22BL mean 22 turns? I can't find how many turns the motor has.

Also any of you experineced Maverick people know of any other suitable/similar brushless motors and ESCs for cheaper?? Someting that will be fast but stil have good torque! Also do I need to mess with gearing or 'beef' up the parts- e.g shocks? Or can I just put in a brushless motor and ESC ...plug and play!

Cheers

Heres a pic of mine.............

And a vid when it was converted to a rampage TT

looks fantastic Hebby :)

Tat im not up to speed on brushless tec just yet but im sure someone here can help you :)

• 4 weeks later...

I can drive it though the esc burnt for no reasun what so ever I was at one of the bashes and some one went into my rear tires which snapped the rear hub and dogbones the bumper goes with just a littel bang on the wall.

Its never for "no reason" theres always a reason somthing happens......

The dogbones on the strada aren't that strong but ive not known any to snap, they may bend but never snap. I have upgraded to the universal joint type and i havent had any problems yet and my drifter takes a serious beating due to my lack of skill or my mates lack of control. Front hubs have been known to snap but they are exposed on side impacts.

• 2 weeks later...

Just recently got a Maverick Strada evo s drift car the brushless motor.

I have had a number of nitro cars over the years including some "big" brand stuff and still have an rs4 hpi drift chasist.

When I decided to go electric I done a serious amount of research online and basically came down to the conclusion I was better off saving up and spending the money on a more expensive chasis. Then my mate got a maverick drift model to. I had a nose around it and although it dosnt have the build quality of some of the more expensive models, I was really shocked at what you got for your money.

For me who only plans on bashing around the car park and showing off to mates :-) it seems perfect.

Couldnt fault it so far anyway.