• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI E Firestorm Fux V Traxxas Rustlet VXL

Meirion658

i got a rustler and then seen my mate's firestrom and then saw how much better the firestorm was

if you can remember those old russian lada cars and then compare it with a ford rs 2000

worlds apart

the rustler can be made into a reliable basher with rpm upgrades but it will cost you

the vxl system is not a patch on the flux(castle) system

and don't believe traxxas claim of 70mph it can be done but you would need perfect conditions and possibly a 10000mah lipo which would cost a pretty penny

my rustler would snap axle carriers every time it rolled and i thought the gearbox/differential to be a bit pants

overall imo the firestorm is the better of the two

cheers

andy

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

After owning both, and even though im a traxxas fan, the firestorm is a superior car, it handles batter, is a bit tougher out the box, has a couple of week spots that the rustler doesn't have, but overall it's a better car. It's only real downside is spares cost more, but who replaces stock bits with stock bits on these cars anyway.

Traxxas spares are cheap - HPI spares are extortionate.

Yes, the Firestorm is the better car, but the Rustler is good fun and you won't be 'cussing every time you break something..

Totally agree. RC ownership is not cheap at the best of times and my brother will attest to the high maintenance costs of the Firestorm. At the end of the day both are really good truggies