• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Thank you :D i am pretty chuffed with myself because to be honest, soldering a tiny pcb with awful shakes, not easy lol 

also just ordered a heatsink with fan for my dynamite motor, gets a tad toasty on full timing advance but i need the speed

Bought: Velineon 3500 rebuild kit. Velineon 3500 motor Proline Bowtie Rears Proline Bowtie fronts Monster tyres on Star Rims - full set. 3 pairs of rear foam inserts. One pair of front inserts. Baja clear windows Aluminium Clutch Carrier Superstar gunmetal wheels - full set Heavy duty beadlock rings - rear wheels 168 DDM beadlock bolts 120 Extended length Beadlock bolts.

Edited by richarddenton1982

Fitted hpi/hb big bores onto my trophy buggy flux. Just the front ones. The rears should be here tomorrow. Got my new charger and changed 6 lipo's so i can get an early bash in tomorrow. Hopefully.

my truggy is now ready to rip...

new badland tires.

t bone racing bumper front and rear.

also dropped a few teeth on the pinion.

and got a fan for the motor all fitted and wired in.

Yeah, I'm a Castle fanboy, proud of it too.

Gone back to chevrons after years of trying loads of others. Love the look and sound of them, especially on Tarmac, nothing like them.

Try to stretch to an XL2 - apologies if its grannies and eggs.

The difference it made to my Maxx was ridiculous - from the 3M!!

Obviously the motor must be spinning faster, but it runs cooler - ESC obviously has no problems.

I had all 4 40 Series Big Joes ballooning to near 40% bigger overall diameter when I held full for a few seconds the other day - NEVER seen that before!!

Al.

I love the Losi 1/8 chevrons they used on the Raminator - like hen's teeth now, but they grip superbly.

Try to stretch to an XL2 - apologies if its grannies and eggs.

The difference it made to my Maxx was ridiculous - from the 3M!!

Obviously the motor must be spinning faster, but it runs cooler - ESC obviously has no problems.

I had all 4 40 Series Big Joes ballooning to near 40% bigger overall diameter when I held full for a few seconds the other day - NEVER seen that before!!

Al.

I love the Losi 1/8 chevrons they used on the Raminator - like hen's teeth now, but they grip superbly.

You've made mention of this quite a few times, and as it happens, I've an XL2 sat here! Maybe I will give it a shot and see if there's any difference.

Yeah, gotta lotta love for mi Chevrons.

You've made mention of this quite a few times, and as it happens, I've an XL2 sat here! Maybe I will give it a shot and see if there's any difference.

Trust me, the only thing you'll regret .... is the repair bill.

Mine just went Mental!!

Got a house full all 'Summer Hols' - and its a small house - so not much of an opportunity to wire up the Ram.

If it comes, I've got the bullets ready as/when I get the opportunity, and .... let's see how the Ram goes!!

Heh!! Heh!!

Al.

Trust me, the only thing you'll regret .... is the repair bill.

Mine just went Mental!!

Got a house full all 'Summer Hols' - and its a small house - so not much of an opportunity to wire up the Ram.

If it comes, I've got the bullets ready as/when I get the opportunity, and .... let's see how the Ram goes!!

Heh!! Heh!!

Al.

XL2 again?

That's right.

It's good already, on the 3M, and I've nearly got the XL2 ready, but think I'll try swapping the 6.5's to the 8mm ones I have on the ESC - going with the bigger wires - so I can remove whenever I want.

Gives me the option to go 8S if I want to consider it in the future, but that will be with another motor ...... NOT NECESSARY ........

Damned expensive hobby!

Al.

Finshed cleaning and spraying

From this

9459182741_1fe6234a31_c.jpg

To this

9466225097_602d81c04c_c.jpg

Decided a few things did not really NEED doing and would help to break it up a little

• Like 2

What paint do you use on Alloy Teshi?

Just left over Tamiya PS-15 for this. I was interested to see 1. If it would stick and 2. If it would look good.

Turns out it was a yes to both and then just sealed it off with a clear lacquer from Halfrauds. Its already feeling very durable to touch and handle so I can see this lasting a nice while before I get bored and want to change it.

Nice. When I get bored with my RCs I change parts. Im liking the idea of painting them instead.

I prefer it. With my chassis, they didnt do any colour variations apart from the VIP Limited Edition which had solid red anodized alu parts so I was stuck with a silver boring looking thing.

The purple worked well but was delicate every a few days after but if this works, I have a feeling it will be a decent thing to do every so often. Save me money changing parts all the time :P

How did you get the patterns on it? Is it just random?

I won some masks from a drift competition a while back but since im still new to the whole shell painting thing, I never really used em. I chopped em up and used them on the alu instead. It didnt matter even if they were not 100% perfect since once I have a shell on, you dont see it as much.

9461962112_85c69ff676_c.jpg

Edited by teshi

I never imagined paint would stick so well to such small alloy parts.

Do you just prep in the normal manner of very fine wet and dry and then primer and paint or just straight on with paint?

Quite interested to do something similar myself as I'm not keen on the mis-matched pink on my D3 chassis.

I removed the old paint using clutch/brake fluid and then just gave it a wash under the tap. It was degreased too and then just sprayed the paint straight on. No wet/dry prep work done. Just used a dremel to make sure it kept its shine before painting and away I went.