• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

2 hours ago, totlxtc said:

Whatever you do, make sure that the edges of the masking tape is firmly down. Run your fingernail along them to make sure its pressed firm. Spray light coats is best.

Spot on. Also, repeat the process after your first coat. Sometimes the masking wrinkles slightly as the paint dries. Run your thumb nail down all the edges before you do a second coat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrCake said:

Some bad painting!  Mixture of poor masking, a slightly peeling over-spray film, impatience and putting on too much white backing which then ran and somehow mixed with the orange.   Guess I didn't wait long enough before switching to the backing colour.

Can't say I have enjoyed either of the bodies I have sprayed.  🤣  

PXL_20230219_100543038.jpg

Yeah you need to let it dry off better between coats. It may feel touch dry but it is still curing. You will get the mixing and you can also get bubbling that will show right through to the body. I usually leave a backing coat till the next day. Light coats, take your time. Results will reward you 🙂

Like the paint job though. At the end of the day you cant see it at speed 😉

Edited by totlxtc
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Grogg said:

That sure beats waiting in silence for the postman to drop off parts you have ordered, just in case it's the postman who believes every house they deliver to has somebody who can run 100m in under 3 seconds to answer a door and the ability to hear a feather being rubbed against it, rather than the door bell being used, or heaven forbid actually using their knuckles for something other than walking, like you know, knocking on doors - I always thought that knocking on doors was part of the job description to be a postmen, apparently it's not.

Ahhhh my DPD driver must now work for you at Royal Mail.

Few weeks back. Waiting for a delivery. I work in the corner of my place and can see out the side window and front doors. DPD van drives past. Turns around in the car park and drives off. A minute later I got an email "Sorry we missed you!". I was livid. I now throw myself in front of all couriers now.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Weathers nice. Day off, thought Id try a nitro. Got it all reqdy, glow starters dead. So now Im playing Xbox….

I don't have enough hours free in the day to even want to attempt nitro. Everytime I see a Youtube vid and people are saying how good nitro is - there is me thinking "I just watched a 10 min vid on a nitro car. 8 minutes were them trying to get it started and 2 minutes tuning it". I just want to plug and play.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Ahhhh my DPD driver must now work for you at Royal Mail.

Few weeks back. Waiting for a delivery. I work in the corner of my place and can see out the side window and front doors. DPD van drives past. Turns around in the car park and drives off. A minute later I got an email "Sorry we missed you!". I was livid. I now throw myself in front of all couriers now.

The DHL driver who does my area classes attempted to deliver, as taking a photo of your front door while driving past, no stopping and getting out his van or anything like that, yet alone putting a ''sorry we missed you card'' through the door, you only find out you missed a delivery when the email, text or their useless app that doesn't track your parcels 99.999999% of the time, alerts you.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

As I said, Had some time today so decided to take a truck out. Rather than bash something like my XRT etc I Id change it up a bit. A few years ago I randomly went through a stage of picking nitro Revo’s. It started with an incredibly good condition 2.5R from 2004, I then picked up a beater Revo 2.5R and then built up a mint 3.3R by combining 2x 3.3Rs into one good one. Truth be told the great condition OG 2.5R is the only one that runs right, so today I dusted it off and took it for a quick run. Its stock other than has a Pull Start, No Optidrive/Forward only Conversion and the latest TSM Radio from my X Maxx. Started straight up with a bit of heat, shifted seamlessly into second. Being the original, the short width and soft suspension makes it hard to drive, but it was certainly fast enough! The stock servos are still working but they need upgrading ideally but we will see. I ran it till the RX pack died and nearly had a runaway, Its motivated me to get the 3.3r Running. It has an almost brand new motor in it!

5zlWaL6.jpeg

YQHIGFL.jpeg

vElvUFm.jpeg

...I do want to have a crack with a nitro though. Hassle looks worth it 😄. Maybe I can borrow yours??? 

1 hour ago, Grogg said:

The DHL driver who does my area classes attempted to deliver, as taking a photo of your front door while driving past, no stopping and getting out his van or anything like that, yet alone putting a ''sorry we missed you card'' through the door, you only find out you missed a delivery when the email, text or their useless app that doesn't track your parcels 99.999999% of the time, alerts you.

I'll leave this here...

1256535402_image(3).thumb.png.060cae1c04ad27871a02ff490f1001c1.png

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

...I do want to have a crack with a nitro though. Hassle looks worth it 😄. Maybe I can borrow yours??? 

I'll leave this here...

1256535402_image(3).thumb.png.060cae1c04ad27871a02ff490f1001c1.png

I have worse, top of the list something I ordered back in October 2022, still waiting on it being dispatched, until recently kept getting emails, and not automated ones either, telling me my order had been dispatched, indeed I have received part of the order, wasn't until after Christmas that I was told the rest of my order won't be dispatched until the end of April 2023, at the earliest, and I can't cancel it.

The latest, called up a shop to ask them to double check that something they have advertised for sale with plenty of stock, they actually have in stock, they confirm over the phone they have it in stock, in fact the man on the phone is holding one in his hand as he is talking to me, I order it, seconds later get a confirmation of purchase email, few hours later I get an ''your order has been dispatched'' email, first thing the next morning, I get an email saying that they have just ordered in my purchase, and they expect to receive it some time in the next 12-16 weeks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

ouch mate 😞

what shop was it ?

The first one is the Royal Mint, the second one I won't name as I'm still in the process of dealing with it as it happened recently, and there is more to it than not telling the truth about having the item in stock, delivery time frame, sending out a dispatch notice - that actually worked and led to a ''we are expecting a package'' page, then emailing me the next day to tell me that they had just ordered it in, and it would be 12-16 weeks before they got the item in, to then post  it off to me.

30 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

What a charger this is! Currently charging:

2x 4S Lipo’s for my XRT

1x 3S Lipo for my TRX4

1x NIMH RX pack for my Revo Nitro

My Noble NB4 TX

My TRX4M

0HlhYQm.jpeg

I bought the one a few price brackets down, after it turned up and I actually saw it in the flesh, and held it in my hands, I wish I'd bitten the bullet and bought the model I was originally looking at, the T400Q, it seems like you can charge just about everything, at the same time, except for AAs, but no doubt, there will be a way to do it.

Have you converted your transmitter to run off of a LIPO battery? I'm considering doing to mine.

Edited by Grogg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grogg said:

The first one is the Royal Mint, the second one I won't name as I'm still in the process of dealing with it as it happened recently, and there is more to it than not telling the truth about having the item in stock, delivery time frame, sending out a dispatch notice - that actually worked and led to a ''we are expecting a package'' page, then emailing me the next day to tell me that they had just ordered it in, and it would be 12-16 weeks before they got the item in, to then post  it off to me.

I bought the one a few price brackets down, after it turned up and I actually saw it in the flesh, and held it in my hands, I wish I'd bitten the bullet and bought the model I was originally looking at, the T400Q, it seems like you can charge just about everything, at the same time, except for AAs, but no doubt, there will be a way to do it.

Have you converted your transmitter to run off of a LIPO battery? I'm considering doing to mine.

My NB4 has a built in battery and power bank so it charges like that

• Like 1