• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

3 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

My Noble NB4 has a build in battery you can charge via USB. My lipo charger also has a USB Port so I just top my Transmitter up when charging my Lipo’s.

I’ve been eyeing the Noble up. Whats your thoughts?

• Like 1

Just now, totlxtc said:

I’ve been eyeing the Noble up. Whats your thoughts?

Ive had it over 2 years and its been great. Truth be told I probably only use 5% of its capabilities, so its wasted on me as I just bash with it. I dont even understand half the menus haha. You Can get extra receievers for £30ish too.

I love the fact its full aluminium bodied,  It  feels very premium, but it does get a bit scratched up when Im out bashing haha. I also love the fact it has an internal battery and a battery power bank. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive had it over 2 years and its been great. Truth be told I probably only use 5% of its capabilities, so its wasted on me as I just bash with it. I dont even understand half the menus haha. You Can get extra receievers for £30ish too.

I love the fact its full aluminium bodied,  It  feels very premium, but it does get a bit scratched up when Im out bashing haha. I also love the fact it has an internal battery and a battery power bank. 

Thank you. I’ve never used Aliexpress. How was the experience? Sorry for all the questions

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Thank you. I’ve never used Aliexpress. How was the experience? Sorry for all the questions

I got mine fom RC Modelz in the UK. Out of stock at the mo

https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/flysky-noble-nb4-2-4ghz-transmitter-receivers.html

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrCake said:

Started on the BHC-1 build. My first attempt a kit and have so far only put together 2 x rollers and done a few repairs on my Big Rock and Slash.

Did something wrong with the diff initially but was fine when I did a rebuild.  Shocks went together beautifully and I am pleased that I had a few handy little tools to make things smoother.  C-clip tool is a bit fiddly but still stopped them pinging off and the shock pliers were amazing.

Out of interest, how does LCRacing compare to other kits in clarity/accuracy?  It feels fairly good so far although a section telling me to put an o-ring on the inside of a shock collar took me a few minutes of head scratching working out where exactly I was meant to put it.

Shout out to  @Alex97for answering my many questions from his own build.  Went with 7000 CST in the diff like you suggested and it does feel nice.

PXL_20230212_102033402.jpg

PXL_20230212_144322117.jpg

Glad it helped mate, it's shame that the manufacturer isn't as vocal as others with product information. Their manuals aren't as good as the likes of associated, Schumacher or X-ray however for the BHC-1 they seemed to have uped their game. 

My shock pliers are great and are a must for all tool boxes. 

• Like 3

Broke the AT4V!  I'd been waiting all winter for some decent snow and last night some arrived so I got the AT4V out.  2 minutes in and the truck suddenly stops.  I hear the motor spinning but no drive.  First thoughts are that the pinion gear has come loose but removed the inspection cover and it seems fine.  I suppose the slipper clutch nut could have loosened but that seems unlikely.  It also could be a stripped gear but again that seems unlikely considering the light use to date.  I guess I'll have to remove the gearbox and strip it down which will mean a lot of work as it is not easy to access...

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Typhon? Something I was looking at doing at some point on the Senton. Let us know how you get on please 👍

Yes, feel a little robbed on how much these cost compared to the other 6S range but they feel so plush compared to stock.  Did look at the alternate 6s options which fit/are close but got bored waiting for stock at Jennys.  Gone for 2mm of spacers at the rear and 4mm at the front to make sure the drive shafts clear.  Also had to do a minor trim at the rear of the bodyshell.  Used the Axial bushings at the top of the shocks which feel perfect.  Will hopefully give it a proper test at the weekend.

• Like 1

Finally managed to find and buy most of the last remaining hop up parts that I want as well as some nice to haves, now all I need to do is work out what pinion and spur gears I want, unfortunately delivery won't be until mid March.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DannyP said:

She has just come downstairs and the first thing she said was "How's the car"?

She is beaming, even complemented how tidy it is 😁

Thats awesome! My 16 year old daughter has a go on my Senton but is too fearful and hands me the TX back. I would love to get her into it as she is happy to come to the track.

My nephew is also nuts about anything car related and is desperate to come along to the track. Might see if i can grab a bargain i can rebuild for him to race with me as he is a good little driver.

Edited by totlxtc
  • Like 1

On 12/02/2023 at 11:30, Kpowell911 said:

I got mine fom RC Modelz in the UK. Out of stock at the mo

https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/flysky-noble-nb4-2-4ghz-transmitter-receivers.html

I think I got the last one they had in stock!

Had it for a couple of weeks and it's such a huge step up in quality over the Absima CR3P I was using before.

Started making my own masking templates for painting the body, I now have all the parts, tools, masking tape, masking sheets and tools to I need to do the body.  I don't know whether I should just do the body first, instead of last, and wait until I have all of the upgrades I want and need to buy, and build it in the order the manual states.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Grogg said:

Started making my own masking templates for painting the body, I now have all the parts, tools, masking tape, masking sheets and tools to I need to do the body.  I don't know whether I should just do the body first, instead of last, and wait until I have all of the upgrades I want and need to buy, and build it in the order the manual states.

Whatever you do, make sure that the edges of the masking tape is firmly down. Run your fingernail along them to make sure its pressed firm. Spray light coats is best.

• Like 1