• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareΒ all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

The Slash (orange one) is currently for sale on this forum

Jus had a look buddy, would have snapped that up as it's a bargain but literally jus found out the misses is pregnant so gona have to go easy on spendin on rc's for a while lol misses has said I gotta buy stuff for the sprog before anymore RC cars or bits for my current ones πŸ€¦πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Jus had a look buddy, would have snapped that up as it's a bargain but literally jus found out the misses is pregnant so gona have to go easy on spendin on rc's for a while lol misses has said I gotta buy stuff for the sprog before anymore RC cars or bits for my current ones πŸ€¦πŸ˜‚

Congratulations mate πŸ€©πŸŽ‰..but a shopping basket on the back of the slash technically counts as a pushchairπŸ€”πŸ˜‚

• Haha 3

Logged a ticket to return my 124016 😏  Cogs way too much to be acceptable and this is only testing it indoors on carpet.  This is without even testing the range issues that people also seem to have.

Β 

Shame as I was really looking forward to getting this but it looks like they dropped the ball and decided to still run with it!Β  Not returned anything to Banggood before so hopefully it is a smooth and pain free process!

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Ratty McRaticus said:

Congratulations mate πŸ€©πŸŽ‰..but a shopping basket on the back of the slash technically counts as a pushchairπŸ€”πŸ˜‚

Cheers bud, brickin it as be our first lol and told her I have to get an xmaxx now so I can pull the pushchair with that πŸ˜‚ if looks could kill I'd be dead πŸ€¦πŸ˜‚ ahwel IV got a carnage that's goin into storage after this weekend and jus locked the center diff on the Montana so that's bound to break tomorrow when I take it out πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so both can go on top the wardrobe in there boxes and collect dust for a few months 🀣

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, MrCake said:

Logged a ticket to return my 124016 😏  Cogs way too much to be acceptable and this is only testing it indoors on carpet.  This is without even testing the range issues that people also seem to have.

Β 

Shame as I was really looking forward to getting this but it looks like they dropped the ball and decided to still run with it!Β  Not returned anything to Banggood before so hopefully it is a smooth and pain free process!

And so the fun begins, video uploaded (of some major cogging) along with various photos and they tell me that the car is moving and what the issue is.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

Tested the lights...need to make adjustments and add some lenses...

Β 

Β 

This time some badman music would have been appropriate! Bet the neighbours were pleased if they don’t have blackout blinds.Β 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

This time some badman music would have been appropriate! Bet the neighbours were pleased if they don’t have blackout blinds.Β 

Lol good shout, this was a test run as I'm waiting on thermal adhesive, these are 5w cree leds and do pump out a bit of heat. Once I've got it all installed properly I'll post some proper pics of the actual setup, items used etc if anyone is interested πŸ™‚Β 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Hope the neighbours had their sunglasses on lolΒ :rofl:

They are a tad bright thoΒ :insane:

I held back on voltage and current a wee bit, still more in them but somewhat wishing I had gone with 3w LEDs now, these definately need lenses and angle adjustment...

7 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

I held back on voltage and current a wee bit, still more in them but somewhat wishing I had gone with 3w LEDs now, these definately need lenses and angle adjustment...

how are you planning to cool the 6w ones, are you running them on 22v?
check out these led lazer array output for lols

Β 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Redback said:

how are you planning to cool the 6w ones, are you running them on 22v?
check out these led lazer array output for lols

Β 

They're being cooled by the power of Losi CNC aluminium shock towers. Thermal adhesive onto the towers to dissapate heat and while in motion that'll be decent airflow plus wind chill factor...I've added an inline switch as well so they're not running when not needed. As I used a step down I can rely on any input voltage greater than 12v which means pretty much my main lipo as I exclusively run the Losi on 6s and will go back to 4S for track fun in the new year, so no need to use another dedicated lipo or boosting it from the the RX.Β 

Β 

Input is direct from ESC posts, then step down regulator to drop voltate to 12v and current to 700mah as I'm running them in series. That's video is super cool!Β 

Β 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

Today was a good day, ...after seeing my parents I was able to spend the rest of the afternoon/early evening wrenching on my Arrma Typhon speed runner whilst the Mrs chilled out with some TV.Β 

Fitted new bearings all round that I got courtesy of RC Bearings:Β https://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

Β 

Then put some fresh silicone oil in my front and rear differentials, shimmed them a little and fitted some Scorched RC titanium centre driveshafts I'd bought myself a while ago. All ready to rip again now.Β  New gearing also fitted so pushing for the 130+mph range next session out.Β 

1555851803_179ScorchedRCshaftsfitted.thumb.jpg.d64f20913588a4f4016c7c285c397b63.jpg

Β 

1869518879_180Allbacktogether.thumb.jpg.8e354f5786bb80b1f83ffba12b8a43e4.jpg

That ESC makes the car look small

• Like 2
  • Haha 1