• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

6 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

The 5ive got a set of Titanium shock stand offs 

Super strong and much lighter than the stock steel ones 

Im not sure 23g will make much difference to a near 15kg  beast tho 😂

Every little helps

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael bird said:

Oh no not so tough then? Shame i was really interested in this..

I wouldn't judge it too quickly, it wasn't a 50ft drop but it was a direct hit, after many front end crashes, not everything was caught on video as I was taking pictures too, all single handed.

I would still recommend the truck, I've got no brand loyalty or anything to gain... I think it's an awesome truck, 12quid for a full set of arms isn't the end of the world.

If RPM make some arms, then problem solved.

After months of wanting to do it, I finally got round to cutting a hole in the chassis of my Senton.

Basically, stones get stuck because it has a huge servo saver on the horn, plus theirs no means of escape once stones get in by the servo, it's been my only complaint about the Senton, complained to Arrma about it, they said go ahad with the hole, if it snaps, it's not covered under warranty.

Got too fed up of stones stopping play time though, there was already a small hole and a slit cut out, presumably for stones to fall out, but it just wasn't enough.

Now I've done this, I am hoping it solves the problem.

Shouldn't cause the chassis to snap, because I've done it far away enough from the screw holes etc... And it's not a huge hole, just a bit cut out.

Fingers crossed this works.

Yes I know it's not neat, it's merely a test, which I hope to try out tomorrow after work.

iLRpIW4.jpg

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

After months of wanting to do it, I finally got round to cutting a hole in the chassis of my Senton.

Basically, stones get stuck because it has a huge servo saver on the horn, plus theirs no means of escape once stones get in by the servo, it's been my only complaint about the Senton, complained to Arrma about it, they said go ahad with the hole, if it snaps, it's not covered under warranty.

Got too fed up of stones stopping play time though, there was already a small hole and a slit cut out, presumably for stones to fall out, but it just wasn't enough.

Now I've done this, I am hoping it solves the problem.

Shouldn't cause the chassis to snap, because I've done it far away enough from the screw holes etc... And it's not a huge hole, just a bit cut out.

Fingers crossed this works.

Yes I know it's not neat, it's merely a test, which I hope to try out tomorrow after work.

iLRpIW4.jpg

Sometimes the quickest ugliest jobs are the most effective 

6 hours ago, tamiyafanboy said:

Sometimes the quickest ugliest jobs are the most effective 

Just come back from our little local spot... I didn't have to stop once for a stuck servo.

It's actually bloody worked.

Now tbh I would rank the Senton as my favourite all time RC, the thing is stupid tough, plenty fast enough for anybody and just keeps on trucking.

And now I can use it in the quarry and such as well.

Few stones in the chassis still, but nothing broken or stuck, quick wash off and GT85 now I'm home, I'm charging up some lipos to hopefully take it out properly tomorrow :D mega chuffed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Just come back from our little local spot... I didn't have to stop once for a stuck servo.

It's actually bloody worked.

Now tbh I would rank the Senton as my favourite all time RC, the thing is stupid tough, plenty fast enough for anybody and just keeps on trucking.

And now I can use it in the quarry and such as well.

Few stones in the chassis still, but nothing broken or stuck, quick wash off and GT85 now I'm home, I'm charging up some lipos to hopefully take it out properly tomorrow :D mega chuffed.

I am looking for something fun R/C wise that I can get mucky and only do basic maintenance afterwards and not worry to much about it.

I have two Team Associated buggies which I race locally and I don't want to bash them, they require enough maintenance as it is just carpet racing! I have my three crawlers, TRX4, TRX6 and an Enduro of which I'm starting to hate the wet, muddy woodland trails as I end up stripping the trucks down to basic parts and cleaning and rebuilding as I go spending a day or two making spotless! I blame my OCD 🙈 .

Was thinking something Arrma but maybe 1/8 scale? Is the Senton a 'large' 4wd 1/10 SCT?

Just now, Derka said:

I am looking for something fun R/C wise that I can get mucky and only do basic maintenance afterwards and not worry to much about it.

I have two Team Associated buggies which I race locally and I don't want to bash them, they require enough maintenance as it is just carpet racing! I have my three crawlers, TRX4, TRX6 and an Enduro of which I'm starting to hate the wet, muddy woodland trails as I end up stripping the trucks down to basic parts and cleaning and rebuilding as I go spending a day or two making spotless! I blame my OCD 🙈 .

Was thinking something Arrma but maybe 1/8 scale? Is the Senton a 'large' 4wd 1/10 SCT?

From what I understand it's a fairly normal SCT size, about the same as the Slash.

If you want something perhaps a touch bigger or more ground clearance, the Granite BLX is basically the same, slightly shorter wheelbase, but aside from that, it's an MT obviously, but most stuff is the same.

I'd highly recommend.

I am seriously trying to think of a valid reason not to buy the 7th scale Mojave.

Mojave looks amazing in this promo video; 

I guess the Senton will run with a 2S or 3S, whereas the Mojave needs 2x2S, 2x3S, 4s or 6s LiPo packs which means new batteries just for one truck.

Monster trucks don't really do anything for me visually, never driven one though. Associated's Monster truck would also be cool to compliment my B64 and B6.1.

Hmmm 🙈🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derka said:

Mojave looks amazing in this promo video; 

I guess the Senton will run with a 2S or 3S, whereas the Mojave needs 2x2S, 2x3S, 4s or 6s LiPo packs which means new batteries just for one truck.

Monster trucks don't really do anything for me visually, never driven one though. Associated's Monster truck would also be cool to compliment my B64 and B6.1.

Hmmm 🙈🤔

I think the Mojave looks good in all it's videos.

Based on what I know of the Arrma range, especially the modern ones, they are extremely good.

Especially the plastic chassis stuff.

If I stumble upon the right deal on a Mojave I will get one.

And yes it runs on 6s, although I am sure 4s and 5s are fine too.

I run my Senton on a mixture of 2s and 3s, just because it's what I have and 2s is fine for normal bashing, 3s is good when you want to go a bit more wild and go very big on the jumps.

If you watch my video, you'll see how quick it is on 2s and when I jump it, you can get serious air time.

2 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I think the Mojave looks good in all it's videos.

Based on what I know of the Arrma range, especially the modern ones, they are extremely good.

Especially the plastic chassis stuff.

If I stumble upon the right deal on a Mojave I will get one.

And yes it runs on 6s, although I am sure 4s and 5s are fine too.

I run my Senton on a mixture of 2s and 3s, just because it's what I have and 2s is fine for normal bashing, 3s is good when you want to go a bit more wild and go very big on the jumps.

If you watch my video, you'll see how quick it is on 2s and when I jump it, you can get serious air time.

Only problem with 5s is that (AFAIK) the ESC doesn't correctly detect it, so the low voltage cut off doesnt work :(

6 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Only problem with 5s is that (AFAIK) the ESC doesn't correctly detect it, so the low voltage cut off doesnt work :(

No biggie to have a buzzer.

But I would go 4s and 6s anyway, mainly because I have 2s and 3s packs.

I just meant technically it will run on 4s, 5s or 6s :good:

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

No biggie to have a buzzer.

But I would go 4s and 6s anyway, mainly because I have 2s and 3s packs.

I just meant technically it will run on 4s, 5s or 6s :good:

Yeah I think I might install separate LVA in my trucks anyway. Pretty sure it doesn't work properly in my SkyRC ESC.