• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 minute ago, norcoforever said:

Harbour Housewares Vegetable / Fruit Greenhouse With 4 Shelves & Strong Reinforced Cover https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CGRMOHQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_npbwIDUuR9mMl

There you Go buddy for anything up To 1/8 it's perfect and I think by putting a plank across the shelves you could go up to 1/5 scale

Looks ideal for a bit of storage too, like paint tins, empty boxes etc... :good:

• Like 1

Added a MiPball diff and LED light kit with a ch3 switch to my Tamiya Monster Beetle this morning. And they work too - WOOHOO! Nice and easy, one click on my ch3 button on the controller and lights come on, one more click and they go off - ace!

The beetle is only running a 2080kv 3650 brushless motor, and after quite a good number of 2S packs through it the diff has finally started clicking. So I thought best to upgrade, it’s simple enough to do aswell. Expecting to see duff gears inside the diff I was pleasantly surprised to see no damage at all. Too much flex in the plastic gears within by the looks of it and one will hop a tooth every now n then. Anyway, it’s solid now with the new diff! May try a 3000kv motor which I had from the Carisma M48S 959..

FC6269EA-37DE-4501-A56C-CCD5D5CBFC55.jpeg

D6CCE9D7-85E1-4810-AE1A-E87436868397.jpeg

2AB3C213-20EE-4EC9-836D-402D7D567D7D.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

I have a personal loathing of ball diff's, too much work keeping them setup nice!!

Your beetle looks retro sweet!

Cheers FIMS! I love the look of them, red and gold wheels are a nice match I think.

the ball diff came with a spring to help set things up, it’s worked a treat. My last use of a ball diff was on a Schumacher ProCat which I raced in the early 90’s - didn’t have a spring for tension, just bolted together and was a complete pain. I think when I restore the ProCat soon I’ll look into getting a long bolt and fit a spring to it.

Fitted new servo to Outback Mini.  Only seems slightly better and then it stopped moving totally... battery was flat.  Charged it and new servo definitely better.

Also started putting proper servo in WPL-Toyota.  Modified and epoxied the original servo horn to one of the ones supplied with the micro servo.  Should be solid by morning and then I can work on servo mounts and getting the ESC and RX in there.

Took it for a walk in the park of course....

(Okay this was a few days ago before the arctic death weather moved in....)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fiend said:

Took it for a walk in the park of course....

(Okay this was a few days ago before the arctic death weather moved in....)

Excellent video, really enjoyed that! :lol: