• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

On 27/12/2017 at 13:09, stonedef said:

Charged up some lipo's ready for some bashing and 1 of my Floureons has a dodgy cell. Its about 0.2v out and I can't get it to level out with the other cell. So time to treat myself to some new lipos, 2s and 3s ready for when I get the Arrma Outcast. So any recommendations on Lipos??

0.2v.....nothing to worry about imo dude:good:...0.5v or more I'd  worry

Edited by evssv
  • Like 2

Cleaned up desert truck and removed large amounts of countryside from it.  Found diff. is all notchy.  Pulled it apart, cleaned greased and reassembled and it's still no good.  Sure I have another one about somewhere....

• Like 1

Spent most of last night and this morning completely tearing down, cleaning and rebuilding 2x Turnigy SCT's I recently acquired. Managed to build 1 very clean car and one spares car from the parts. Just waiting on new diff internals before posting it in the sales section :)

c0014e277dc60237cf98b73495f6f5ac.jpg

• Like 2

Spent the last couple of hours going through a slash 2wd I recently bought off here. Have given it a general tidy up, adjusted the shock positions, replaced the noisy Titan 21t motor with a spare I had, stuck a Flysky 2.4 Rx in there and soldered a Deans connector onto the XL5 ESC. Will be going brushless soon on it if it runs ok but just wanted to check how the gearbox and servo perform and whether there are any misc problems. Just charging a lipo up then will give it a spin hopefully! Seems to be on the speed gearing 23/86 and the grub screw is rounded so I fully expect the pinion to halt play. Will be replacing with a 16/90 anyway for general bashing.

375db585d5e7fdf4f412bbe88fbde331.jpgda6539035a3ac369aa53a054cea0ebe6.jpg

• Like 1

Finally fitted the 'C' parts received from Tony's which allowed me to fit the front damper on the Thundershot. Only parts C4 & C6 were required.

DSCF6002.jpg

DSCF6003.jpg

DSCF6008.jpg

Also fitted the BZ motor :D

Haven't run this at full chat yet but gave it a blip on the carpet at home with an 8.4 nimh, and my god :o can't wait to get this out.

DSCF6012.jpg

DSCF6013.jpg

DSCF6018.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mo_miah said:

Whats the foam on the motor for? Wont it cause it to run hot?

It's for keeping all the dirt/stones away from the end, it's got little micro chippy things all over it lol

tamiya_super_stock_bz_motor_23t_op930_05

Doubt it will make a difference in temps, it's very thin and breathable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

It's for keeping all the dirt/stones away from the end, it's got little micro chippy things all over it lol

tamiya_super_stock_bz_motor_23t_op930_05

Doubt it will make a difference in temps, it's very thin and breathable.

I'm assuming that's a bank of tiny caps to reduce rf frequency noise etc .....must be better absorption compared to the older ceramic type?

Had a nice little first bash with my newly acquired Slash 2wd just to work out where the problems are. Put two packs through it with zero issues, temps are fine, was good fun despite it only having the stock brushed motor. Also having been away from RC for a while I had to bring my skills back up to speed, so inevitably there were a few high speed impacts but the slash took them all with no breakages. Impressive!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1