• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Created the latest indoor obstacle for my outback, bit of a beast especially when packed out with wood down one side! All good fun and beats standing in the rain on the trail I guess!  

Edited by Wabom1981
  • Like 2

Painted my new shell and rebuilt the stampede with many new RPM parts and replaced all the horrible grey components with black.

Edited by Bix
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sully said:

Had my first attempt at vinyl wrapping a shell, think it looks ok if you shut one eye and squint with the other, baja isn't the easiest of shells for a fist timer
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it looks pretty decent to be fair, I'd be happy with it anyway! :good: 

The Stampede rebuild inches closer to completion...

Just needs some shell strengthening and some post holes and she's ready :good:

Can't make my mind up on whether to add decals or leave it how it is? I'm leaning towards leaving it as it is I think.

Edited by Bix
  • Like 3

Made a battery tray for the crawler so I can put a 1300 3S on the back instead of the 850 on the axle.  Not so good for weight distribution, but LiPo are light and I have a beef tube to go in the front axle.

medium.2017-08-01_07_29_11.jpg.c58065174

Almost ready to run again for holiday in Dorset at end of month.

13 hours ago, Bix said:

The Stampede rebuild inches closer to completion...

IMG_8176.thumb.JPG.11162db7f53bd6bf178c6d0b73435373.JPG

Just needs some shell strengthening and some post holes and she's ready :good:

Can't make my mind up on whether to add decals or leave it how it is? I'm leaning towards leaving it as it is I think.

Leave it :good:..as much as i love sticking  stickers on everything :insane:sum things jus don't need  them 

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

Leave it :good:..as much as i love sticking  stickers on everything :insane:sum things jus don't need  them 

I've come to that conclusion too, wouldn't suit the body style. If it was a new F-150 that's a different story [emoji16]

That's the same shell as mine on right ain't it 
35663244370_410ba47d80_b.jpg  

Indeed it is! Notice yours has just a few decals [emoji23] love the F-150 on the left too [emoji1303]

Got both cars ready for tomorrow evenings racing, charging batteries at the minute.

Got my Tam' Monster Beetle going too, hoping the MIP diff will arrive for it tomorrow.

Also turned my attentions to the Kyosho Mad Force. Whenever the suspension is compressed the springs snarl up as the bottom hinge pin is too far behind the centre line of the axle. So I've removed both axles and trailing arms complete and swung them over 180degrees. It's given a higher ride height and no spring snarling, plus the dog bone prop shafts won't fall out now as they're further in the drive cups. Next step is to fit 2.4ghz and see if everything works, and start up the .21

Somehow managed to get the clodbuster esc to go up in a puff of smoke,

and stripped one gearbox down as the independent steering servo mount,

Had bust gearbox cases where it bolts through.

The Refreshed Stampede got its maiden run and the boys very stickered up Bigfoot both hit the South Downs today :good:

IMG_8233.thumb.JPG.179d9ef519148a315a0243b9fea6b602.JPGIMG_8236.thumb.JPG.f05c175ddaef204494a50ef0ba045ff4.JPGIMG_8237.thumb.JPG.6953fce8e473a94a1aab72700969d396.JPG

Edited by Bix
  • Like 2

Glued and bolted the green side pods to my yellow F104 race shell. Not sure I chose wisely with the Benetton-inspired yellow and green paint scheme - I think I will go all-yellow Camel Lotus next time.

Little video from yesterday's very wet and muddy outing with the Stampede and the boys Bigfoot [emoji3]