• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Swapped the Baja motor, dropped it down from 780kv to 520kv. In on-Road testing the 780kv logged 115 Amps, the 520kv only logged 81 Amps! The 780kv was geared 14/57 for a top speed of 42 MPH, the 520kv is geared up slightly at 17/57 and achieved a top speed of 40! This is more than acceptable for the increase in runtime I should now get!

Happy days! :)

• Changed caster blocks and rebuilt center diff on my Hyper 7
  • Rebuilt center diff on Mugen MBX6R
  • Tested out some pipes on my son's Losi 8ight 2.0 (with Werks B6). 053 vs 9886/41001. The 9886 blew the doors off the 053 but still prefer the 2058 with that B6.
  • Rebuilt rear shocks on Losi 8ight 2.0 (#55 w/450ct is ticket).
  • Bashed our Tamiya 801XT: truggies are aweome!

Tomorrow we run hard (I didn't do all this work for nothing). Ha ha

Edited by Nitro RC Nerd

Took my son and bro in law to a car park for a drive with out hypers and bros trophy buggy.

Bro in law forgot his transmitter.

Then after 5mins my son smashed his hyper into a curb, taking out the front hub holder:

678364EA-2A0F-45BA-9978-9DBDC46ACA45.jpg

Then found out that cold semi damp ground might as well be an ice rink, car sliding everywhere and pulling to the left or right under hard throttle.

Then we made a ramp and I found out that jumping on hard ground is painful to my soul when the car lands upside down. More practice is needed but maybe I should do it on grass :D

Had the kids Tamiya WR01 Dual Hunters and my brushless WT01 Mud Blaster II out today. Took a short video of mine running with brushless power which I'm just uploading to you tube!

It got the kids off their ipads for a bit, and no damage today, which is always a nice way to end a bash! I love it when a bash comes together!!

Bound the Bigfoot to the DX3E.

Did it with both ESC's - I'm running 2x Castle Mamba Maxx / 1410 5 mm shaft (twin motor) set-up.

Still need to set up the steering properly.

Managed to catch the transmitter and sent the diff case full bore into my knee - nothing broken (model or knee) but I've been limping a little for the last 3 hours!!

This is one powerful truck! Power is 3S using Turnigy Nanotech 65-130C 5Ah battery, part-discharged.

Al.

repaired and retuned the Tomahawk ST after Saturdays disastrous bash attempt. Was hoping to make a video of me thrashing the life out of it but bad luck was against me from the outset. Within two minutes of me starting it the new OS8 plug failed, pull start broke, glow igniter went dead, tuning went to the wall possibly due to me changing fuel brands and trying to retune it in the dark and with a thumping headache. Today was completely the opposite. Twenty minutes and she was tearing up and down the grass, idling perfect and starting on the second pull. Such is the nature of nitro I guess.

Flew my AXN for the first time. She was airborne for a good 20mins until - after at least 2 "squeaky bottom" moments - I bottled it and brought her in to land (albeit upside down). She's still in one piece! :D LOVED IT.

re- modeled the front driver viewing ports on the M41-A3 light Battle Tank. oh thats a RC tank 

pre seated said parts 

glued into place said parts and added the photographs to the Tank Thread i have running

over in the tank section. 

So come on over, ask questions and we will shoot you answers