• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Spent a good couple of hours crawling with my SCX10 and my mates Scout. The Scout rounded off both plastic lockers half way through it's second pack, and my SCX10 lost a rear drive shaft screw two minutes away from the cars at the end.

Had spare screws at home, and bodged the Scout lockers back to health with copious amounts of epoxy resin. Good as new, and probably stronger too lol

Budget-Maxx, 1700kv, 6s, local park. Good little run, no breakages, splashed through one big puddle hidden in the grass, no harm done.

First drive in a couple of weeks, I needed that.

Well I was going to fit this Dom clone to the Baja but I've got round to unpacking it and found this :(

IMG_4354_zps85443736.jpg

You officially have NO luck...

I sneaked into garage for an hour and removed the now dry mud and grass from Strada SCT. Replaced broken hinge pin and axle. Quick test showed a wobbly rear wheel which led me to the non broken axle which was bent... put that in vice and tapped it true.

• Like 1

My quicrun motor was sounding horrible, no wonder...!

Bearings at one end

1b66c83a0e4f3ccaac58f6e872cf58f5.jpg

At the other

79e06864967df8807b3d43b4c70a3c69.jpg

Anybody know what size bearing is on the end bell as wierdly there still seems to be an intact bearing at the pinion end even though those last bits have come out of there :s

Nook you need blue tach or cable ties ;)

Shames it's ally unless u know how weld using alloy bits

it wont be alloy as its a clone it would be steel

Well I was going to fit this Dom clone to the Baja but I've got round to unpacking it and found this :(

IMG_4354_zps85443736.jpg

would cost you postage but an easy fix

I'm not too fussed, I've contacted the seller about it.

It wasn't exactly well packaged.

I'm not overly bothered, can't use the Baja at the moment, so hopefully someone else has one, I fancy a change anyway lol.

Np quite fancy getting the old stock welder out lol if it's nee the I would of got new one (sorry didn't read whole thing)

Took the Sworkz BE1 and SCTE to our track, the BE1 is a beast and the SCTE never disappoints, also took the quad but after getting in trouble in the strong winds I decided to stick it back in the boot of the 1/1 straight away before it did a "Phantom" and headed back to China :xd:

Edited by .AJ.

It probably had shims in the intact end. As for the Busted bearing, just measure it.

Ok i guessed I'd have to do that in the end as there is no info, when measuring it what order do the measurements go to search for and also where would I get motor bearings as they are for higher rpm am I right...?

At least I know I hadn't lost more bits then if they're shims haha [emoji12]

Ps thought there was no point in a new thread... Just hijack this...

Edited by Relativenewbyseb