• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Lost a hinge pin in Raptor, ended play early.

Maverick SCT ate a front cvd almost straight away. Ran 3 wheel drive and started getting some nice long jumps over a double until a back wheel fell off. Sheared the thread off the stub axle. No straight spares left... Good fun though!

Bashed at a quarry with Clive and Steve! Epic afternoon out with all 3 cars broken!

Slash: rounded Tekno hex just half way through a pack - not happy!

Hyper: suspected dud glow plug.

Firestorm: snapped throttle linkage.

Oh and I want a large scale now that I've found somewhere to run one! ;)

Took the Mini Titan out for it's maiden, very strange heli to what I'm actually used to... Enjoyed it though for what I flew (not very long) will be getting out more with it soon.

Also had the SCX10 out for a bit on the front, gave it about 15-20 minutes of flawless running on my new Axial 20t motor.

More the kind of speed I wanted from it, nothing stupid fast but above walking speed when at half throttle, so the motor isn't constantly at full whack.

Spot on.

Took out the Wraith and Quad, done 3 packs in the Quad and she is still in one peice, also decided the Wraith needed more weight upfront, so added 90g to each front wheel, she now weighs in at a mighty 4.3kg lol

How much weight can you actually fit on 2.2's AJ?

I've been really struggling to get any to fit my diddy 1.55's on the SCX10 lol, advantage of having a Wraith.

Can't wait for it, tomorrow morning, one more sleeeeps :D lol.

How much weight can you actually fit on 2.2's AJ?

I've been really struggling to get any to fit my diddy 1.55's on the SCX10 lol, advantage of having a Wraith.

Can't wait for it, tomorrow morning, one more sleeeeps :D lol.

Think I had about 140g in each of the fronts in my old wheels, but because I've now got Beef Tubes in the axles and the Mayhems weigh a lot more I thought I would try them without at first

Yesterday was a return visit to the quarry. Another great bash, three cars ramped and Ragged, three cars survived intact.

ERBE was out for her first run since fitting the GPM hardened crown gear to the rear diff. No issues with it so far, but wouldn't expect any on a first bash on 4s.

Budget-Maxx had her maiden run with an identical GPM crown gear in the rear diff also. Jumped, bashed and crashed. Survived it all.

HPI Super 5sc flux had another two packs through her. She handles the rough stuff with ease, jumps like a champ!

Vids in the vid section.

Happy days.

Re soldered all the motor connectors, moved the shocks out one hole on the arms all round to stiffen and lower it a bit and added some Big Squid RC stickers to the wheels and shell of the ST.

Decided i need another 1:8 truggy soon, these things look sick and are a blast to bash with :)

Took Clod, CC and Miper out for a bash. Clod just wont stop making me grin. CC now has a broken rear body mount and Miper needs some steering geometry adjustments. 

All in all a good bash.

• Like 2