• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Loaded up 2dDesign (CAD app) and sorted an electronics tray / body panel for tuber.  Will cut the ally tomorrow.

Fitted a narrowed Scout wheels too, Much more steering lock possible.. time for a new steering link at front as it's hitting the diff. before the tire hits the lower links.

Stripped the dud cell from an 8000mah, 4s pack. Rebuilt it and put it on for a test charge.

Not strictly a model, but close enough.

It's RC related.

Wondered why the 8ight was barely moving, discovered what I thought was barely any drive from the centre diff, so stripped it, everything is fine, refilled with 20k oil, discovered still barely no drive, so did the rear as well, it started to improve, then discovered no drive at all to the front... Did all that work and all it was was the outdrive grub screw had come loose.

Oh well, least I know they're all rebuilt now which is something I needed to get around to doing.

Started getting parts prices for a new project :) looking at a  tamiya DT 02 build.

You won't regret it. 

Been thinking about it for a while and noticed my friend is selling some parts so gonna try build one lets see if it works.

DT-02 was my first kit. I loved it, it's now in retirement but I'm planning a new build with a new DT-02.

Badger bashing earlier, 7s, muchos fun. I wanted to test the repaired 4s, all seems OK in its new 3s configuration.

Just started charging a 5s for the Scorpion, it's been too long!

Fitted Sway Bars to my Savage Flux

Fitted The New axles with Buggy Style 17mm Hex and Nut to My Trophy Truggy

Edited by rctech132

Took the 8ight for it's first bash, overall a success.

Motor and ESC temps where good after a hard run as where the LiPos and connectors.

Buggy is as strong as the hype so far, I definitely didn't go easy on it!

Only thing broken was the wing, which I expected with the way I was treating it.

Also... Paid for the next one.

Fitted new servo to the wraith

20140605_163624-1_zpsde9jul8s.jpg

Also fitted a 4 channel receiver that I've just waterproofed, it has telemetry and it's saying my BEC is only kicking out 5.1v, so I've got to investigate that, my mate is popping over tomorrow with his castle link so we can crank it up to 7v+ to get more punch out of the new servo :)

Edited by .AJ.

I didn't need to do any fixing today, (for a change!) I took my phoenix STII to a bit of gravel near my house, brushless power is awesome and traction is massively over-rated! I need a 3s lipo tho, i think it'll do wheelies if I gear it properly... :) 

Everything is broke at the moment. The 2wd Slash i smashed to bits on its last outing, the other is getting fixed up to sell. The 4x4 has no radio in it, The Hyper ST has a threaded steering knuckle, Losi 8 needs a new spur and the front diff is clicking. The 8T needs a new ESC. The Blitz needs new front shocks. 
All easy fixes - So flew the Quad lol

More experimenting with blitzer wheels on the HB, using the 13t can...19t pinny still too high, 17 should be fine, however, the drop in speed and power won't be worth it.