• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Enjoyed a couple of hours up on the moor with my wife, my old man and my little boy & girl.  Dad with his Torment, my daughter with her Slash, my lad with his Torment, and me with my mental Ruckus - couldn't keep the front end down, even with battery all the way forward and 21t pinny... , also flew the 200QX's, great fun and time with the family too...

The outback got its first true taste of the rough stuff today with a visit to cheddar gorge, performed well but the case of wobbly body caused a few roll-overs, time to thicken up the shock oils I think!!

Edited by Wabom1981
  • Like 1

New gearbox housing, spur gear, slipper clutch and half shafts gave the back end of the Stampede a refresh.

The correct blue rpm arms turned up for the boys Bigfoot to complete the blue look [emoji41]a06d49863a2e3f584bcda0989f9709a8.jpg3f1a6b238d9ea70ecb16d34d51dc91e2.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Quick play with the EB48 in the carpark before work, large radio antennae right outside played havock radio - 30-50ft range max meant autocross style fun - short full throttle and hard brake turns - so much fun with a chassis as agile as this.

Got one slow-mo launch on some fine pea gravel and pebbledashed my face :lol: 

IMG_3806.MOV

Edited by Pistonhead

At the weekend I upped the pinny size on the BLBB and Carnage, then took them, the Aggroshot and Hooligan to the beach for some speed runs. The ultra cheapy BSD Racing Prime Baja has never really disappointed me and on this occasion it failed again to disappoint. Ok, I know I've pumped it up a bit with a brushless combo and 3s LiPo but I didn't expect 32mph out of it! Proper happy. Next to have my Galaxy S4 strapped in was the 'Shot, am happy to report that after hitting 35 mph it didn't self combust as some believe Tamiyas will. Bigger boots should land at Chez Chewy this week...................

I think Carnage hit 35 but it's unconfirmed.

The Hooligan didn't run due to a dry joint on one of the motor wires.

changed diff oil on mirage v spec 6k front 7k center 3 k rear donuts with one front wheel in air no straight wheelies :( may need to change again lol (+ need change shock oil) stripped down hpi MT ready for light work so that the big block sh .28 will fit

• Like 1

Changed some diff oils in the SCT, Received an astro setup over the weekend so going to give it a try on mine. 

Mistakenly went for 5k centre when I built it now running 7K f - 10K c - 3K r   Have to wait until next weekend to see how it compares though:mellow:

Need to pick up a 16t pinion too as the temps were well within the safe zone with the 15t in :good:

tekno dif 1.jpg

tekno dif 2.jpg

Dug the Mugen out of the loft going to bring it out of retirement for some 8th nitro action.

Stripped it down to renew diff oils, it's in such good condition for a 10+ year old buggy.

No signs of wear on anything, I don't want to ruin it but it seems a waste not to put some use on it!! I've even dug some retro yellow spoked wheels out with proline holeshot's just for extra modern-retroness :D

So it went from this.... 

30346591003_63ce70acfb_b.jpgMugen 6 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

To this :lol:

mugen 1.jpg

mugen 2.jpg

Edited by bombercountynick
  • Like 2

Two hours trimming off pins yesterday and and another hour on the Dremel today, and i've still got to wash and glue them :lol:

a293f34aeb5262ae0f1526d151b7e26d.jpg

And ordered one these as i hate and suck at gluing tyres :lol: 

Edited by Pistonhead

Two hours trimming off pins yesterday and and another hour on the Dremel today, and i've still got to wash and glue them [emoji38]

a293f34aeb5262ae0f1526d151b7e26d.jpg

And ordered one these as i hate and suck at gluing tyres [emoji38] 

Have you tried attaching the new wheels to the car, running her up while dremeling the tread off lathe style, not saying its safe but it'll get the tread off fast

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk