• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Ordered some alloy knuckles to replace the RPM plastic ones for the MERV Digger.

RPM ones aren't tough enough if it can pull the pillow ball through with some gentle bashing!!

Thought I'd take some photos - compare wheel sizes.

It's been 'wearing' the biggest, which are also widest (and heaviest) and have the most offset for stability - which will also increase loading which won't have helped the 'RPM incident'.

Photo of actual GD for comparison first, then wheels off and comparison.

I have the alloys its been wearing, the Traxxas 1/16 Monster Jam, an some smaller alloys for comparison.

I reckon the smaller alloys actually 'look most scale' even if they're not the most fun!!

Gravedigger%20-%20comparison_zpsppi2ii9c

MERV%20-%2020150824%2001_zpsnknyigwt.jpg

Perspective throws this one out

MERV%20-%2020150824%2003_zps55ecsonz.jpg

MERV%20-%2020150824%2002_zpsxye6vf0q.jpg

Interesting one - smaller alloys on the front, bigger rear. I reckon the smaller ones actually 'look right'.

MERV%20-%2020150824%2005_zpsoh2mvjvl.jpg

MERV%20-%2020150824%2004_zpsq0kxsq5g.jpg

What do you reckon?

Al.

• Like 1

Done another 10 mins of break in before I found a little play on the blackout driveline which causes the spur and pinion mesh to lock up. Managed to add a shim and now turns freely by hand but will require a proper test tomorrow.

Also started spraying my baja fan cover and shroud.

Finished the main brushless conversion to the hyper7 now to sort out the bits and bobs on the would be nice to do list.

Turned the petrol tank through 180deg...

What should have been a 10min job, ended up taking an hour as the rear dogbone passes through the tank. Ended up removing the entire back half of the car!

Get some pictures up . Just doing my hyper 7

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

When its finally tidy enough not to embarrass me lol!

Don't worry mines not done yet cable ties holding battery in wires a mess no body shell but still bashing it lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Here ya go then still a way to go yet neatening up wise!

IMG-20150823-WA0000_zps9y9bmret.jpeg

Not a basher, more a 'scaler' for its detail and general lack of bashability.

My Tamiya TXT-2 has had a little detail work added to it today - shock straps!

They're barely functional, more for show.

The real BF18 has yellow straps on it, so I got some material, measured +/- 4 equal lengths, and, stapled together - works!

BF18%20-%2020150827-01_zps7jef8sla.jpg

BF18%20-%2020150827-02_zpswlx1afyq.jpg

1424367.jpg?401

BF-18-Left-Good1-lg.jpg

Not the same, but good scale impression I reckon!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1

What did I do to my car today????? Hmmmmm smash the **** out of it. Introduced it to yet another side impact and the fuel tank burst and two wheels shattered. I'm starting to think either the skate park hates me or I am just jinxed!!!

What did I do to my car today????? Hmmmmm smash the **** out of it. Introduced it to yet another side impact and the fuel tank burst and two wheels shattered. I'm starting to think either the skate park hates me or I am just jinxed!!!

Skate parks kill rc's, nothing gives except the car. Broken every car i've run at a skatepark.

Skate parks kill rc's, nothing gives except the car. Broken every car i've run at a skatepark.

What he said, they are real car killer in my experience. Its fun while it lasts but inevitably something gets broken. :(