• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Put a couple of tanks through the xb9 at the track, loving the changes to the corners and jumps, soo much more fun than it was last week.

Switching to 25% fuel tomorrow too so i'll have a better idea of how it's geared for the shorter straights but I've noticed i've not got room to go much lower on the pinion as the engine slots are quite short. Is there a choice of spurs available for these?

Edited by Pistonhead

Spanked the Ally-Maxx, ripped out the rear centre drive. Long story, not explaining here, but I'm working on a longterm fix.

Spanked the Savvy, had two side-on hits with trees, direct to the rear wheels, she took it all in her stride.

Got some decent track time in with the XB9, starting to get the hang of this going round a track malarkey lol.

Couple of jobs to do to it this week, full tear down to service the diffs and change all the bearings and a going over.

Not mine but my Dad's Baja, cleaned it all, flushed the carb, mesh modded the engine, fitted the dog bone guards, replaced some worn out nuts and bolts, checked all bearings and also rebuilt two completely seized solid rear shocks, took ages to get the shafts out to find pistons that looked like eggs :lol: unsure if that's due to heat but they weren't originally built by me so no idea on the set up.

Some fresh 3 hole pistons and 30wt shock oil and it's nice and smooth now.

looks much better with those wheels,ive orderd some slash wheels to go on mine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers bud, I hope they last longer than the standard wheels did! I don't think they were really built for 3s lol.

Yesterday I stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the diffs and shocks on Boudicca, I also slipped a bigger pinny on. 

IMG-20150622-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20150622-WA0003.jpeg

• Like 2

Cheers bud, I hope they last longer than the standard wheels did! I don't think they were really built for 3s lol.

Yesterday I stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the diffs and shocks on Boudicca, I also slipped a bigger pinny on.

IMG-20150622-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20150622-WA0003.jpeg

yeahbi agree the stock hooligan tyres are abit poo arent they lol 67c178eb2bfb312db6cb2162dbc72a48.jpg still waiting for my slash wheels to be deliverd to go on this,its sliding around everywhere with no grip it sucks lol

yeahbi agree the stock hooligan tyres are abit poo arent they lol 67c178eb2bfb312db6cb2162dbc72a48.jpg still waiting for my slash wheels to be deliverd to go on this,its sliding around everywhere with no grip it sucks lol

I didn't even get to that point! Fair play  :thumbsup: