• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

I'm not going for competitive yet as I'm still a noob. I'm gonna get a xray or team associated for 2017.

You don't have to do things yearly lol. you might as well just go down to your local club and use what you have now to see if you like it.

You don't have to do things yearly lol. you might as well just go down to your local club and use what you have now to see if you like it.

I have been racing at my local club with the TT01/2 since June last year and like it. I'm doing it yearly so I can save us and be able to afford the bits I want to get for the new RCS lol

Ragged the Baja flux, 10S with the 520kv motor. Ran well, but ate another spur. I've turned the brakes down and will try it with "not much braking power"! The brakes on the Alien ESC are snatchy to say the least. I think this is what's killing the spurs. Worst case, I'll fit cable operated front discs and turn off the electric brakes.

Still a damn good drive! I is well happy now tho, but is it? ;)

Really really happy the Wraith is at a more reliable point for you Tim.

I wish I had persisted more with it and got some smaller tyres.

I took the G2 out today and destroyed a shock.

Cheers chap, she's a cracking truck. Get yourself another one, you know you want one and you'll defo enjoy it. 

Rest of the Savage is fine...

IMG_0105_zpsy49xblku.jpg

Just a bit of soot on the motor but all cleaned up fine :)

Nice one. 

• Like 1

Drove the 7 @Markeaton Park like I stole it, till motor got a wee warm.  Did the pied piper impression with it afterwards, one Dad was well impressed it kept his toddler entertained (and tired her out) for ten minutes.

Ragged the Baja flux, 10S with the 520kv motor. Ran well, but ate another spur. I've turned the brakes down and will try it with "not much braking power"! The brakes on the Alien ESC are snatchy to say the least. I think this is what's killing the spurs. Worst case, I'll fit cable operated front discs and turn off the electric brakes.

Still a damn good drive! I is well happy now tho, but is it? ;)

Light bulb moment! I'll have a play with the exponential on the Tx and see if that will reduce the grabbyness!

Anyone know if I had a thread for this car? I can't remember! :(

Edited by Tug

Found out that ftx viper shocks are far too boingy with 40 wt oil in them. So took the nitro circus mini monster truck to the park with our toddler & the misses. A one year old tried to wander off with the truck :)

Tug, I have no recollection of your badger thread....

Postie arrived, eagerly to The Beast to fit the new parts and repair the no spark. Much faffing later, discovered the chassis is bent.

Grumbled and griped whilst installing the power HD LF20 to the PMT, then went and ragged it for a couple of packs, hit a fence post at some speed, off it bounced and carried on.

If only proline made a 1/5th scale PMT.... ;)