• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Finished shaping rear lower links, just need drilling and tapping for rod ends. Will cut out the fronts first.

Tested the other crawler, caught a finger in the spur.. ow. Rear diff. slipping when bound up so stripped rear axle and shimmed it, much better. Too much rear hop climbing test slope, will fiddle with rear 4 link again.

Sorted rear suspension on crawler, one last test in the dark... fell off shed roof and broke axle mounted battery mount. On the plus side the way it broke has given me an idea for a new design and nothing else broke.

Finished rebuilding my trophy buggy flux that I started back in September and tested it ran well but needs new tyres.

Geared down my slash from 16t to 14t to reduce my motor temp a bit, but messed up my gear mesh and striped a spur gear within 30 seconds on 3s.

So gave up for the evening, started to shoe goo and drywall tape my new beater shell for my slash

Tried fixing the BB chassis, couldn't re-attach the two broken bits but had to use longer screws instead. Ah well, a new chassis ain't gonna break the bank. At least the BB is still rolling. 

I had to sacrifice another body clip to the gods of 4wd in order to restore drive to all 4 of Carnage's wheels. The original bodge hadn't fared well, I dug the poor bent pin out of the c-hub! The new pin is a much thicker item so should last that bit longer. A new c-hub and shafts are near the top of my to buy list. 

Ran another two packs through the X1-CRE. not sure if its just hotter ambient temps or something wrong. motor was a tad bit hot after the first run 105 C  :eek: and I think the thermal shut down activated on the second pack. Must keep a closer eye on temps + not read things that say 170 is fine when 170F is  fine but 170C would probably be molten.  :poster_oops:   

Fixed my slash, then broke it...

Fitted centre diff and new rear bumper to MERV, then snapped front A arm on first run.

Fitted rebuilt diff into stampede, set of doing a wheelie, lost one wheel off the wheelie bar, then hit a kerb and smushed up 5000mah 3s zippy pack...

Put them all away in disgust...

Beat the shot out of my truggy flux and erbe, no damage to truggy but a broken bulk head on the erbe, it flys something beautiful but its as brittle as glass. Traxxas and their poor quality plastic. If only they put as much effort into their build as they do into their design.

Edited by RevoMikey

ERBE had a stiff rear diff. Stripped and rebuilt the back end, fresh oil and new bearings means it's flowing freely again.

Traxxas bearings really are shocking these days.

Test runs with the Super 5sc flux today, motor running at 50 Celsius, I'm happy.

Started to have a really good blast with the FG MT, caught a log, somersaulted / endoed 4 times and popped out a front shaft.

It's only an E-clip, but ripped out and bent the brake disc in the process!!

Other damage?  NONE!

Being bent, I couldn't use the disc again, but had a couple of spares - other 'perfect, used ones' I'd got off Ebay years ago - one was OK!

Got a pair off Dave's - best price and fitted the other half-good one in the meantime.

I do have a pair of 'washer / screw' shafts with flanges, but they're only short shafts and I using larger squares for the brake discs.

Soon be sorted.

Al.

Fixed battery mount (super glued the acrylic together) and added more support under it with a bolt / tube to the axle case. Survived a couple of tumbles OK so pleased with fix.

Worked out my tuber chassis isn't straight at the front shock mounts, spent 20 mins with a rule and square working out how to fix. At least it's steel so I can re-shape it.

Edited by ghazghul

Started to have a really good blast with the FG MT, caught a log, somersaulted / endoed 4 times and popped out a front shaft.

It's only an E-clip, but ripped out and bent the brake disc in the process!!

Other damage?  NONE!

Being bent, I couldn't use the disc again, but had a couple of spares - other 'perfect, used ones' I'd got off Ebay years ago - one was OK!

Got a pair off Dave's - best price and fitted the other half-good one in the meantime.

I do have a pair of 'washer / screw' shafts with flanges, but they're only short shafts and I using larger squares for the brake discs.

Soon be sorted.

Al.

After the above, I selected the 'straightest' disc, refitted, and had a rough bash today.

Seems to be running straight, braking well, and running hard and fast!!

Great truck!

Al.