• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

9 hours ago, Redback said:

First strip of the Yeti, wanted to put some 500,000 weight in the front diff and check the state of the gears, for a shelf queen should have been in pretty good order.
IMAG1646.thumb.jpg.546276f582441914ddbb45f0bb6b88a1.jpg

One bonus the ftx outlaw has over the axial yeti is... it doesnt have pot metal diffs. Not impressed Axial! 😞
IMAG1647.thumb.jpg.cfed85897815477faa84c8f5afb8559b.jpg

Errr RTR diffs 🤮 
I recommend the HD diffs from the kit version especially if running 3-4 s 👍

B7B711B5-1E06-43A1-91D8-7FE5A8FD00D6.thumb.jpeg.05aa988432cff2b08f7ed3105852f0c2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ratty McRaticus said:

Hooned the carnage around my mate's garden and now there is a strange clicky/clanky/clinky sound so basically today (well yesterday) I broke something 🤣

Diff or bearing holding the diff maybe.

5 hours ago, tomr said:

Errr RTR diffs 🤮 
I recommend the HD diffs from the kit version especially if running 3-4 s 👍

Yeah now i know, its all good, thanks ill be getting the HD version and overdriving the front a little.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Found a cave

IMG20211107160329

Explored the cave

IMG20211107160829

IMG20211107160734

Enjoyed a good trail walk with the DC1

IMG20211107164131

Lucky you had the headlights! Looks like a good spot to explore 👍🏻

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, leongordon234 said:

Seeing as I had to make the spare room man cave into a nursery for my little girl.

I built a man cave shelf on my side of the bed with a selection of cars that are not in storage 😭

IMG_20211106_212616.jpg

My girlfriend would kill me if I tried anything like that 🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Alex97 said:

My girlfriend would kill me if I tried anything like that 🤣

Luckily I have a understanding partner 😁

Just warming her up for the next shelf with my 1/8ths on 😂

• Haha 1

Forgot to mention in the last post; would/should have been a 2 minute job to change the pinion except for the tip of my cheapo fastrax hex driver decided to re-home itself in the grub screw. 

i eventually gave up poking around trying to dislodge it and took the motor out and down to the vice in the garage. Clamped the pinion in the jaws and used a non tapered nail punch and hammer to poke the shaft out with the grub still firmly in place.

no thread lock = pinion coming loose

thread lock = pain in the butt to remove 

203A393C-5F4A-44E0-B246-D9AE7864A8D4.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Forgot to mention in the last post; would/should have been a 2 minute job to change the pinion except for the tip of my cheapo fastrax hex driver decided to re-home itself in the grub screw. 

i eventually gave up poking around trying to dislodge it and took the motor out and down to the vice in the garage. Clamped the pinion in the jaws and used a non tapered nail punch and hammer to poke the shaft out with the grub still firmly in place.

no thread lock = pinion coming loose

thread lock = pain in the butt to remove 

203A393C-5F4A-44E0-B246-D9AE7864A8D4.jpeg

Ah nvm I misread. 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ant.p said:

So I’ve been trying to get the speed up on my VSe to see what it’s capable of. I got myself a gps speedo, slapped a 6s battery in and off I went. With a standard spur, I was disappointed to only achieve 61mph on a 22t pinion. I think it had a little more in it, but I ran out of road. 

ive since filled the centre diff with 100,000 cst (proper thick) oil and found that the power is now getting to the rear wheels much better, as previously the fronts were lifting on hard acceleration and then all power shifted to them when traction was lost.

now, today I took delivery of my experimental 30t pinion. It’s ridiculously massive, and I wonder if it’s a step too far, but the motor had oodles left in it on 22t, so I decided to take a gamble and jump a few. I’m hoping for over 80mph, but we will see…

Do you know what the differential pinion gear size is and differential spur (main gear)?

You can use an RC calculator to get a rough idea of what speeds you may get near (obviously it's just a rough idea as it doesn't take into account a lot of things).
Link: https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

Tbh if you're still running the centre diff the bear minimum I would have put in it is 500K CST to try to get it acting more like a spool for transferring the power between front & rear.

If you're trying speed runs happy to help where I can as will others who I know are into it. 

High speed chat thread on here: 

You could also join ROSSA on FB if you're on there:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1641915416068313

• Thanks 1