• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi-Speed or Hi-Torque servo upgrade...

timwright1991

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my steering servo on my Hyper7 Black to a metal geared one and I was wondering whether people run a Hi-speed or a Hi-torque servo for their steering?

Does it make much difference getting one over the other?

I run my hyper on a dirt BMX track and was expecting to change the stock servo sometime soon anyway but a few rough landings speeded up the need for a replacement as its currently missing a few teeth :whistling: although it is now running on the other half of the gear...

Thanks for the help : :topbanana:

I got this one in my hyper7 black, and I love it

http://www.hobbyking...idProduct=12451

25 $ posted

that seems like a really really slow servo to me though :whistling: even 0.16 seconds is a little slow for me though.

Edited by sickass_smithy

@wiggy

This one was available in the European warehouse, took something like 5 working days

When I order from the international warehouse it takes long, around 15 working days

@sickass_smithy

That was something puzzling for me to be honest. This servo at 0.2 is faster than the previous servo I had rated 0.14.

There's only two reasonable explanations I can think of :

1. The speed ratings from the companies are not so "accurate"

2. The speed ratings are always under NO load, so different servos might perform differently under actual load.

This one when under load is definitely faster than the "faster" one I bought on ebay some time ago.

@timm

Works fine for me, and maybe using it at higher voltage is what it makes it feel faster.

Edited by ee3509

Sweet, cheers guys :thumbsup:

any1 recommend a receiver battery pack and charger?

orion do a 6.6v life pack, was looking at it the other day, £20 though but should work well, downside is you would need a lipo/life charger......

Im using one of these on my steering

Power HD DS090M, super fast and torquey... you can get them for £36 from Modelsoprt but if you dont mind waiting a week or 2 they are £23 delivered form China on eBay

Those servos that ee3509 posted look nice too, although looking at this video i can tell you the DS090M is quite a bit quicker than the Tunrigy:

Savox also make very nice servos(but are expensive)

Edited by wiggy2k7

Im using one of these on my steering

Power HD DS090M, super fast and torquey... you can get them for £36 from Modelsoprt but if you dont mind waiting a week or 2 they are £23 delivered form China on eBay

Those servos that ee3509 posted look nice too, although looking at this video i can tell you the DS090M is quite a bit quicker than the Tunrigy:

Savox also make very nice servos(but are expensive)

Awesome demonstration vid :thumbsup: was already looking at the Power HD and that's made my mind up,

Much appreciated,

Savox 1256tg for steering and a Savox 1258tg for throttle/brake FTW :thumbsup:

Totally agree, a different league! It took me roughly 6 months to finally justify buying one, but after many cheap ones (power hd) it was time to upgrade and well worth the money.

http://www.sdshobby.net/xq-6v-digital-servo-20kg56g-with-titanium-alloy-gear-p-2621.html

these are amazing.... I found these a few months ago and now loads of people up our RC track run them and in my opinion and others there = savox1256TG but without the warrenty and the heavy price tag. Take about 6days to arrive....the best servo for £20 second to none.