• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My open complaint to Royal Mail

Colicab

Hi guys below is a copy of the complaint I just made to royal mail. Any further advice or info for dealing with this shower of numptys would be appreciated.

Right I shall start at the begining of a long running fiasco with your service.

At the start of the year around March myself and my flatmate were waiting on parcels from 2 different senders. Both parcels about the size of a postcard. Neither turned up and after 2 weeks we had to report them lost. We made several trips to our local Collection Offices aswell as phonecalls and were told that one of the postys was off sick and had taken the mail home with him. As time went by we figured they had just been lost. That was until 3 months later they showed up one day. So we hurredly caught the postmen to be told "i pick them up, i give them to you thats all i know"

That incident in itself was a complete joke and at no point did ANY staff offer any help other than to phone a different office or number. Nor did anyone attempt to find our parcels.

Skip forward to this month. I made an order online again for a parcel no bigger than a postcard. However after the order was sent i noticed an error in the address and hadnt included the flat number or street number. So i phoned my local office knowing the mail would at least pass thru there. i informed them off my mistake and asked if they could intercept it as it would be the only parcel with my name/postcode on it but minus the flat number. i left the required details so it could be delivered. Then on the 18th I get a redcard thru the door again for a parcel the size of a postcard. This time my flatmate was in and asked why the card again to be told it was because he didnt get entry the day before, yet the day before he delivered a parcel to her and she even let him in the address!

So i get home from work and head to the local collection office with my redcard. Only to be told they couldnt find it and that they would speak with a manager and phone me back ASAP tomorrow morning. Great i thought, that was until i came home the next day still without phonecall. So i then phoned my local office, again they searched and again nothing only to once again be told someone would most definately phone me the next day. Well once again no phone call!!.

Its a complete joke this redcard stuff as whilst i can understand it being needed for heavy or obscure items were talking about postcard sized envelopes weighing little more than a 50g or less!!

So is my mail lost or what am i waiting a further 2-3 weeks for it to do another round in the mail system or what?

Also your staffs attitude is disgusting with everyone Ive dealt with speaking in a manner of "I couldnt give a flying ****" so I,ll just mumble what I think will shut you up at you and hope for the best.

Lastly your Parcel force division. Today I get the notice to go pick it up a parcel. Great expect after spending 3hrs searching the by-roads of Cambuslang. I got there 3 minutes late to see the collection office personel walking out, he asks me "Can i help you?" so i explain to him im here to collect and have spent 3hrs trying to get here. "oh well, better leave earlier next time" was his reply before shutting the door in my face. Again with the same "I just couldnt care less about you" attitude.

I want you to know that I will be contacting my MSP aswell as local papers as whilst I can take some of the blame myself due to a dodgy address. I cant abide your staffs attitude or the way in which my mail has been handled. Nor will i stand for your default letter of apologie.

Im gonna get on the local papers and MSP if they even think of sending there bs standard aplogie letter.

i shouldnt have to use a private courer tho, its not as all post is free. Half the time Im paying to ensure these are delivered. Mind you I did google royal mail complaints, and 1st hit was a BBC article saying complaints over redcards rose by 25% in 2010, so a year ago suggest it,ll be worse now.

Just gets me so mad aswell that all there staff just seem to be un-caring robots who just mumble pre-set sentences at you.

Sorry to hear about your recent issues with Royal Snail , I too have taken issue with them many times in the past as i sent and received many parcels through them , I will now no longer send any parcels through there service and i suppose many others are of the same opinion , but for letters and packets i suppose they are the only real option helpsmilie.gif, A good mate of mine worked for parcel farce and he joked about parcels with fragile on them , Explaining that many employees disregarded these markings saying FRAGILE was a town in Italy ,

Andy

Royal Mail = Royal Fail. No understanding of next day delivery nor customer service. Wouldn't surprise me if this complaint goes straight in the bin.

These letters mate, although heartfelt and showing the lack of their "service", will most probably be binned the moment they get.

What you need is to threaten them with a Columbine style "visit" to their headquarters. I would join ya. rofl.gif

Edited by Oshun

Last 2 complaints I made have gone unanswered.

Only thing left is to have a go at the staff that give you the offensive attitude and dirty looks.

Normally I except people are only doing a job but when it comes down to attitude then that's different.

I feel for you mate, royal fail are just that, failing miserable and will soon be out of business because

they have no idea of how to operate outside of a monopoly and the competition does it better.

Just issued a refund for an item I sold on ebay cos the guy claims its never arrived. Was sent standard parcel so no idea what happened to it. Royal Fail not really interested. I kinda wonder if it did turn up, because their system is so shambolic its really hard to prove if it did, and dead easy to claim it didn't and bag a refund for your new (and now free) item.

Royal mail is terrible. I had a £200 vinyl cutter get broken by parcelfarce. It was so heavily damaged that it blew up part of my pc when I plugged it in; and overall the incident probably cost me £500 in lost business etc., as well as forcing me to stop printing stickers for the R/C industry; who knows where that could have gone. :(

Royal mail = the dogs bits. :ph34r:

No wait, that's insulting the dogs. :confused:

Edited by henzy190

If i am sending anything ive sold i always send it recorded delivery so if the buyer does recieve the item and claims they dont there is evidence they have and also it helps with the claim if they genuinelty dont recieve it.

Still though theres no reason to lose anything with the amount of technology available to them.

Seriously you may want to re-write your letter, including some factual details like dates and times, and also so it doesn't look like it was written by a ****** off 12 year old.

Dates times wont make much differance and no offence but Im not going to approach them with any kind of intelligance at this point. Ive been nice about stuff in the past and acted with calm and decorum in being astute and aware of details, but why the hell should I know. Its past being nice and polite. I know the dates involved and on the form to the website it even give a date for you to fill in for your complaint. Ive gave the 17-20th for my main complaint the other 2 are just to highlight how the service has been over the last few months. Like I even say Im guilty of mistakes but I do what I can to fix them and from my side it feels like all too often its just some guy who hates his job fobbing me off, cause its easier.

Privatise and let someone else do this better. Sorry but RMs had its day and according to BBC on this one, the complaints are going up not down. 25% increase in 2010 alone.

£10 says i get some bog standard PR letter with details suited to match anyways.

Edited by Colicab

Oh and Royal Fail strike again. Sent mine any my wifes personal ID documents to the wrong street. Luckily the woman popped over to give us our letters back.

In my time sending and receiving post, I've had one package go missing.

Am I the only one?

(Although I am annoyed at the customs handling charge, although I got the guy behind the desk in the parcelforce office to admit it was probably a scam, which I was most pleased at).

Ive been nice about stuff in the past and acted with calm and decorum in being astute and aware of details, but why the hell should I know. Its past being nice and polite.

Because youve now guaranteed your complaint will be binned/deleted before its even read 2/3 of the way through.

doing "half a job" with complaints is wasted effort as they are never taken seriously.

Taking your time and doing it properly increases the chances that someone on the recieving end may actually invest some effort in helping you.

Also, a spelling/grammer checker may be worth your while mate. Ive always found that if a letter looks like its written by an idiot, the writer will be treated as such.

However, i share your sentiments with royal fail and parcel farce.

I've had many problems with them too, and also feel their days are numbered as they simply cannot compete with the private sector forever.

If you want to get action...you have to complain properly...and I have to say...if I got a letter like that, I wouldn;t do anything much about it. Try investigating a complain about 1 item out of millions with no data.....just won;t fly.

Also....you need to do a bit of research as to WHO you are complaining about. Who screwed up is something you need to be accurate with to get treated seriously. I know my Postmans name....I know which delivery office he works in, and he knows enough to look after my post. If i had to complain about a delivery, my letter would have all that in it and more. Here are some facts...

1) Royal Mail and Parcelforce are not the same company. Parcelforce is part private owned, part government owned, and is a commercial company. Royal Mail letters has a monopoly soon to disappear which prevents competition in the letters market for sub

lots of good things

Agree with this, follow his advice and you may get somewhere.

In common with one of the other posters I have stopped sending items without some form of tracking and suitable insurance cover - no matter which company I use.