• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC cars you want next or always wanted.

SpeedNut

are they any good ?

At the time, they were the best 4WD Mini-sized car around, and I used to own one. I raced it at the local club and being 4WD compared to everyone elses 2WD Tamiya M01 or M02s, I was penalised and made to run a silver can motor when they could all run down to a 27t. I was still quicker. :lol: I really regret selling it.

rs4mini.jpg

If money is no object then a Marjet Marder Jet Model but as that's a bit unrealistic a Baja 5B SS would be my next model. I did have enough money saved but then out of nowhere I need a new catalytic converter and major work on the GTi. New thing I knew my Baja savings was at

If money is no object then a Marjet Marder Jet Model but as that's a bit unrealistic a Baja 5B SS would be my next model. I did have enough money saved but then out of nowhere I need a new catalytic converter and major work on the GTi. New thing I knew my Baja savings was at £0.

Shame.

similar thing happen to be few years back. my dads engine in his Renault grand espace packed in so the money i had saved up for a fg evo had gone towards a new engine rebuild £1000 off it :( my threat to dad i suppose

Edited by SpeedNut

Gary,

there's one on preloved (I think, I'll try and find it)

cant make my mind up on weather to go for a 1/8 (is there a petrol) or a baja! I know it'll be hpi but that's it! :)

Gary,

there's one on preloved (I think, I'll try and find it)

cant make my mind up on weather to go for a 1/8 (is there a petrol) or a baja! I know it'll be hpi but that's it! :)

no petrols in the 1/8 baja is 1/5 and yes its hpi

oh yeh i was looking for that rc to i couldn't find it :( lol

I have two of them :P One's still in its box and other get used. Will get pics tomorrow ;)

Gave this some more thought......My biggest problem right now is actually having some spare cash!

I have sold off hte SCRT10 as a roller, and the XT2 is off to a new home.......and I have some of my annual bonus left....but...there is nothing I really badly want to own that I don;t actually have. The issue then becomes ...do I spend on hopups to turn my current cars into more lovely versions of themselves....or do I buy another car.

Well..having just thinned out hte collection to sell on cars I don;t use enough, that would be silly! I keep toying with the idea of going brushless....but I find the noise offputting. There isn't any....The cost of a decent 1/8 system, plus LiPo means I am looking at

The only one I want, I can't remember it's name.

It's indestructible, never goes wrong, nothing ever comes loose, it changes it's own fluids and oils and it is perfect for every environment.

Now, what was it's name again...............................................whistling.gif

Im looking forward to this, PM when pics are up :lol:

^_^

Photo0771.jpg

I can't think off any rc that i want that i don't have or have already had lol

Now if they made a 1/5th petrol revo i would buy it in a heart beat :D sometimes having the money to buy whatever you want is not a good thing as you get bored real fast of the rc's you have. well i do anyway :rofl:

one that never breaks no matter how badly you abuse it, handles all conditions well without having to change any setup, is simple to set up, and doesn't cost very much to buy.

Failing that total impossibility, a brushless converted Hyper 7(.5?... the better one) is the car i want next.

I've wanted a Schumacher rascal 2 since the first time i saw one. but they look a pain to convert to brushless and although i've always wanted a nitro i know i can't be bothered to spend all the necessary time maintaining and tuning it.. which is why i sold the one i had when my mate offered me the same price i paid for it after i'd given it a running in and about 5 tanks. Been looking for a roller ever since but everyone seems to want silly money for them.

Edited by skree

i never thought of converting my rascal to brushless..... the only issue is the space for the battery. there isnt any sweatdrop.gif but i will look into converting it now. i am going to be up all night now. look what you have done! :P

i never thought of converting my rascal to brushless..... the only issue is the space for the battery. there isnt any sweatdrop.gif but i will look into converting it now. i am going to be up all night now. look what you have done! :P

somewhere on the internet, there is a project car that someone did.. I think he redrilled a motor mount he had for it, not sure it can be done with off the shelf parts. It appears he tried to sell it afterwards though, probably because there's no battery space lol although removing the OE engine and its ancillaries looks like it frees up battery space.. I'd thought about using cylindrical A123 LiFePO4 cells in one.

BL rascal would be PERFECT. Mid mounted motor, rear drive. Thinking about converting my mini-t to that config too, dunno why manufacturers don't make them like that out of the box.

Edited by skree