• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

15 minutes ago, EquinoxRC said:

I found these too, they're a bit longer but come with metal balls. Hopefully they're good enough. Atleast its less expensive than the Kit from HPI that only comes with 4.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122313562263?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I can confirm the above fit perfectly, the Traxxas ones are a little loose on the spring holder, but these fit better than the other Traxxas ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-Rod-ends-long-6-hollow-ball-connectors-6-2742-UK-Modelshop-/201852016178?hash=item2eff515632:g:2VYAAOSw4A5YxuM0

But the ones linked from Rcbitz are perfect.

• Like 1

I was gonna say i'd probably go with the rcbitz ones. but good to know there are a good couple of alternatives. cheers :)

let us know what you go with and how they hold :)

Edited by Shokka

My opinion is the RCbitz are better value for money, but the plastic is softer than the traxxas ones. But I am still on stock ones with no issues, I just have a bunch of the traxxas ones in my spares box, and some of the rcbitz, hence why I test fitted :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ostewart said:

My opinion is the RCbitz are better value for money, but the plastic is softer than the traxxas ones. But I am still on stock ones with no issues, I just have a bunch of the traxxas ones in my spares box, and some of the rcbitz, hence why I test fitted :)

So quality wise the traxxas ones have a better hold and are a little more robust?

My stock ones will hold, but at the slightest landing it doesn't like or too sharp a turn with power it decides no, im off out! and the shaft comes out the end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shokka said:

So quality wise the traxxas ones have a better hold and are a little more robust?

My stock ones will hold, but at the slightest landing it doesn't like or too sharp a turn with power it decides no, im off out! and the shaft comes out the end.

Yeah the traxxas will hold better. I ran them as rod ends on turnbuckles on my blitz for a while before going to ESE rod ends. Never had one strip out after much abuse.

Tried 1/8 buggy wheels with 20mm extended hex but still prefer original wheel/tyre size and currently using these SCT ones with 20mm extended hex.

So have a set of 12mm to 17mm hex extenders not being used. They fit on a standard 12mm hex with 5mm depth and a washer behind the nut to ensure tight grip without any play.

DSC00140.jpg

Edited by locky
  • Like 1

My firestorm is finally running somewhere near woohoo, been out for a bash today and had great fun on the wet grass. 

Next upgrade is going to be front springs as I think previous owner has put much stiffer ones in and it's effecting the handling. Also going to get some ground assaults for the front as mine are worn pretty bad. 

What front springs does everyone reckonmend are thw stock FS ones as good as any ? Car is used on short grass mainly.

2 hours ago, locky said:

Plastic servo horn broke in my Firestorm. They are shorter than most others and cant find an alloy version. Does anyone use an alloy servo horn?

They use an offset servo horn, I use a Hudy one I bought ages ago, but they're not cheap.

What spline has your servo got?

I use this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUDY-Aluminum-Servo-Horn-25T-Offset-Ver-2-Futaba-EP-1-10-RC-Car-HSP-293493-/131567302358?hash=item1ea205b6d6:g:rdcAAOSwyQtVucXb

3652 motor finally arrived, came with smaller 3mm bullets so a little soldering later and standard 4mm bullets have been fitted.

This fits the chassis perfectly without much overhang to damage to motor.

I'll try and give it a run today, foam body washers fitted too, as the body was very loose and the body posts kept popping through.

IMG_20170513_014025_zpstvgvoszf.jpg

IMG_20170513_014212_zps3lwwr1w1.jpg

IMG_20170513_014340_zpsm85oolr6.jpg

• Like 2

Ran 2 packs through it, runs lovely. I had 22/87 gearing, down to 20/87, the motor didn't thermal, but it was a little bit on the warm side for my liking, and 20/87 will be plenty fast enough for my needs.

I had got used to bombing my Yeti round, this is so much lighter and more nimble, you can't chuck it into corners as easily, or pin the throttle as much, but these jump really well.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2016 at 21:31, Smithy111 said:

Hi All -  Sorry for the stupid question, but having just purchased the above I am having trouble fitting them.

The top cap 'hole' is smaller than the original HPI shock which uses a small black insert to reduce the circumference when putting the small screw through it.  The plastic insert won't fit the Trackstar shocks as the hole is smaller and if I connect to the shock tower as is,  it doesn't seem right as there is some play up and down where the hex screw is allot smaller than the shock cap hole.

Sorry if this makes no sense whats ever I can try and upload some pics if it helps.

I am not sure if I should have also ordered a part or something to insert into the shock end like the original shocks has to reduce the circumference of the hole ?.

Cheers

Buder

• 2 weeks later...

Nope dtiched mine after I got it (was the old 27mhz though) i've used the TF40 setup on a model the kids use without issue but doesn't have much adjustability.

I have the FS-GT3B, I've had it for a few years, it's never let me down, it has an amazing range on it, much better than the HPI radio. The RC4G looks interesting, let us know how it is.

On 30/05/2017 at 18:52, EquinoxRC said:

Do you guys run with stock TX? I'm looking at the Flysky FS-GT3C, i like that it is digital and provides more fine adjustments, also ABS on the TX is nice. 

Edited by LifeofBrian

15 minutes ago, LifeofBrian said:

I have the FS-GT3B, I've had it for a few years, it's never let me down, it has an amazing range on it, much better than the HPI radio. The RC4G looks interesting, let us know how it is.

The RC4G is an excellent radio for the money, mine has been going strong for around 18 months now.