• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

lol quality pics HPI should use them in their advertising

Thanks, yeah they would look good on their website.

Oh my god , Great pics mate . Dad ran my vxl storm yesterday and he loved it :D We are gonna keep it and run it at the local track on 2s .

Thanks mate, sounds good they are good trucks. Im sorted now anyway ;).

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-5000mah-hard-case-lipo-pack-p-406696.html

Any know if these will fit an e firestorm? I know hobbyking is cheaper but these are uk and come with deans on!

Thanks

O'

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-5000mah-hard-case-lipo-pack-p-406696.html

Any know if these will fit an e firestorm? I know hobbyking is cheaper but these are uk and come with deans on!

Thanks

O'

Done my oils today and sorted parts ready for the jam, also ordered waertproof rx box has anyone fitted one to their fs if so how did you do it?

what fire storm do you have new or old ?

if you have to old i found it easier to mount it on the battery strap.

Hi guys, is it possible to link the brushed firestorms esc to a computer? Its the SC-15WP esc. Little black thing with a silver heatsink and a seperate on button.

Tried to lower its speed via turning the throttle end point so it was as close to reverse as possible but this did not slow the top speed much.

Let my lad have a go who is 9, last time he used it it unded up in a ditch. This time he has hit a tree and the front wheel now needs looking at. The little ball thing has come out of the plastic thing which links to the servo I think. Dont know the names of parts.

I use my brushless one every week and have not broken a thing on it, lad uses the brushed one for 5 mins and something happens. Joy!!

No you can't connect the sc15-wp to a computer you can only doe this with the flux escs as they are rebranded castle ones. I used to stick a blob of blu tac behind the trigger so my boy couldn't pull full throttle simple but effective. I now have a decent tx where I can set the throttle amount to a given percentage and can have it at crawling speed if I want.

Thanks stretch, do you have the same rx in the firestorm? Is it possible to get a new different brand tx and bind it with the existing rx? I dont know much about tx and rx or much else for that matter.

I am seriously fed up with my firestorm now.

I bought it in February, in April after only a couple of dozen runs the esc packed up and was replaced under warranty after a 2-3 week wait. After only a handful more runs the motor casing disintegrated and was also replaced under warranty after another 2-3 weeks. I've not had much time to play with it due to other commitments and the awful weather we've had, so its not exactly heavily-used either.

Today was the first time I actually ran it for more than a 2-minute test in the garden after getting the replacement motor. After about 20 minutes the ESC caught fire :xd: - scary doesnt begin to describe it, the smoke and the stench was appalling and it only stopped burning when something went bang and the wires came off the ESC. After the fire was over the motor was so hot my son burnt his finger on the motor plate, never mind the motor itself.

I can only assume the replacement motor was faulty, which in turn took the ESC out with it. Damage appears to be limited to the ESC although I've not had time to look properly, the battery appears slightly scorched and is showing 3.7v per cell (3S overlander 5000mah softcase) but I'm very wary of putting it on the charger in case its damaged internally and wrecks my charger as well.

Hopefully Modeslport it will get sorted out under warranty again but I've just about had enough of it now and would gladly take a refund and give it up as a bad job. I bought it as something simple, fun and low-maintenance to complement my nitro Savage and I've had more trouble with the firestorm in 5 months than I have with the Savage in 4 years :crybaby:

Thanks stretch, do you have the same rx in the firestorm? Is it possible to get a new different brand tx and bind it with the existing rx? I dont know much about tx and rx or much else for that matter.

No I use a multimodel tx so I don't need different ones for different cars. A cheap multimodel one with EPA can br picked up for about

It's weird how luck goes. After spending 2 days solid trying to fix my M05, I thought I would take the Firestorm out - it's still the only one that puts a smile on my face consistently.

It does sound like the stock electrics/motor are awful though. So many problems.

I am seriously fed up with my firestorm now.

:crybaby:

Been having a play in back garden and i am sick n tired of the motors overheating. i have been reading about the sirius motors and wondering if anyone has used these with success on the firestorm?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

...I just got a roller...waiting for postie...have also got Tbones...its gonna need all the leccys bits...tx/rx, batts and charger, motor and esc, not sure but I think it needs some wheels and a shell but I could be wrong on that part...defo going BL + Lipo + 2.4 From the start but am new to leccy and really cant decided what to get...want a decent BL systerm under

• Like 1

Been having a play in back garden and i am sick n tired of the motors overheating. i have been reading about the sirius motors and wondering if anyone has used these with success on the firestorm?

i'm running the sirius 4600kv motor as i fried my 4800kv motor and tbh its absolutely perfect on 3s, temps are perfect and seems to suit the storm better

Anthony you've got about 3 posts/topics running about which battery/motor/combo to use now lol

not sure but I think it needs some wheels and a shell but I could be wrong on that part

Yes you will need shell and wheels for my firestorm as there's none shown in the picture so not sure why your confused?

Edited by stretch
  • Like 1

i'm running the sirius 4600kv motor as i fried my 4800kv motor and tbh its absolutely perfect on 3s, temps are perfect and seems to suit the storm better

Sweet, ive ordered a 4600kv which should be with me any day!:D